South Florida Babies

Maternity Pants

I just started my second trimester so I'm beginning to feel a little snug in my pants. I'm looking into buying so clothes for work but I'm kind of iffy on the pants. Is it better to get pants with or without the panel? And what panel is better the demi, full, etc? I'm so confused.Huh?

Re: Maternity Pants

• You need to try them on and go with what you are comfortable with.  I am/was really comfortable with the secret fit belly (full band).  Motherhood Maternity had a great selection of pants. 

Photo courtesy of www.yaporiginals.com
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    It's Beshert
  • I did not like the secret fit belly until the last two months. I loved the expandable waist. I got all my work pants from ann taylor loft - online and motherhood. 

Some of the motherhood pants fit so well and were so flattering, I wish they had non-maternity pants :)

• Loading the player...
  • Everyone is different.  I bought a ton of the real-waist and half panel pants and got very little wear out of them.  Weeks 12-15 they kept falling down, then they fit just right for about 5 weeks after that, and then I outgrew them.  Full panel worked the best for me.
  • i hated the half panel, it always dug in and made me look like i had a fat roll! my favorites were the Secret fit from motherhood. I got the most use out of those, from 15 weeks all the way til the day i went into the hospital to deliver!
  • imageANJ410:
    Everyone is different.  I bought a ton of the real-waist and half panel pants and got very little wear out of them.  Weeks 12-15 they kept falling down, then they fit just right for about 5 weeks after that, and then I outgrew them.  Full panel worked the best for me.

Same here.  I felt like I had to keep pulling them up.  Secret fit worked best for me.

• Another vote for secret fit belly for motherhood. I have worn my secret fit jeans from the beggining of my second tri until now and they still fit great, look great and feel super comfortable. They also have secret fit dress pants and I have them in every color for work. I get compliments on them all the time. Go try them on! Trust me you will be happy!

• I don't know what secret fit pants are.  My first pregnancy, I got all my pants at Target.  They were fine, very comfy, looked good for work, and a great price.  This time I also bought a couple of pair of pants from Loft Maternity.  I wear them all the time to work.  The ones I wore to work today (from Loft) have a bit of a stretch in the back of the waist but no panel in the front.  They're nice.  I also have another one with the half panel.  I don't like the full panel pants, just never found them comfortable.  But I only have a few pair of work pants.  All black. I just alternate them.  I also have two pair of khakis for weekends and at home.  They are not panel pants.  They have either the stretchy waist and/or elastic that can be adjusted (by buttons) as you get larger.

Tania

• I was iffy about my pants as well since I was really petite when I was prego. I decided to go with the full panel because the demi bothered the middle of my belly. Dadeland Mall has a store that sells a great variety at great prices, try there. Big Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"