1st Trimester

why can't I use Weight Watchers electronic scale?

I have a Weight Watchers scale that can measure your BMI. I was trying to find the info  online, but I can't figure out why pregnant women can't use it. I understand why people with pacemakers can't, but can it hurt the baby?  How so? TIA

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: why can't I use Weight Watchers electronic scale?

• they are probably just covering their a$$ b/c of the electrical current.  I wouldnt worry about it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Also, I dont know if its different in different areas, but I was told that you have to freeze your account during pregnancy because they do not want you in the program while pregnant. So that may have something to do with it....
  • Loading the player...
  • any scale that figures out BMI or fat percent sends a small electrical currant from one foot, through your body and out the other foot.  That is how it measures fat.  They don't want you using it b/c the currant could hurt the baby.  I am in the school of 'if there is a chance it could hurt my baby, why not give it up" so I wouldn't use it.  But as always, talk to your OB. 
  • Its to cover their own butts, they don't allow pregnant women to follow their program.  Just don't check mark that you're pregnant when trying to use their scale.  I had joined weight watchers before I got pregnant and I prepaid for 3 months and I'm still following the program, because I want my $$'s worth!!  I figure its safe and harmless because its just eating healthier not starving yourself.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • ladies, these warning are on all scales that measure BMI.  I don't have a WW one and it says the same thing.  It has nothing to do with WW directly, just the scale itself.
  • I just don't use the BMI function on my WW scale.  I just hop on for weight everyday.
    Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • imageJaysonandKristin:
    I just don't use the BMI function on my WW scale.  I just hop on for weight everyday.

this.

I am on WW maintenance, and when I got my BFP - I just stopped. I still try to eat only when hungry, but sometimes with ms you can't wait until you're hungry!

Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"