VBAC
Options

Induced VBAC? What to expect?

I was sent to the hospital this morning to get tested for pre-e. After doing a 24-hr urine collection, i have to go back tomorrow afternoon. If it turns out that i have (or am high risk of developing) pre-e, doc wants to break my water and start an induction on monday morning. 

Anyone have any experience with an induced vbac? How did it go? What can I expect that might be different from a non-vbac induction?

Thanks ladies :-)  

Re: Induced VBAC? What to expect?

• Options

I can't answer your question, I just had a comment. My doctor won't induce me at all for my VBAC. He said I had to go in to labor on my own or I would have to have another c/s. Will yours give you pitocin or anything like that?

• Options

I was induced with pit for my VBAC.  I had the moniors on me for almost hte entire time but I could get up and sit on the ball, etc near the bed.  I successfully VBACed with no issues.  The labor was a little more intense, I am sure (I labored for about 20 hours) and then pushed for 20 minutes and out she came!

The only thing that I think was really different is that they didn't give me as much pit as they would a non-VBACer, but I was on pit from start to finish with my labor.  Oh and they didn't give me any cervadil, because you can't give a VBACer that.  I was almost totally effaced, so it wasn't really needed anyway.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagejessicaeakright:

I can't answer your question, I just had a comment. My doctor won't induce me at all for my VBAC. He said I had to go in to labor on my own or I would have to have another c/s. Will yours give you pitocin or anything like that?

Basically what would happen is that the doc would break my water and we'd wait a few hours to see if contractions started to kick in on their own. In theory once your water breaks it's a signal to your body to start contracting and get the baby out. If contrax didn't start, then I would be given a minimal dose of pitocin. At that point we see what happens... and if labor doesn't progress, the baby must be delivered within 24 hrs. If that means another CS, then so be it, but I'd much rather have the doc break my water and possibly deliver vaginally than rush into another CS.

This pre-e business is really the deciding factor to begin with. If I didn't have this issue, my doc would not induce a VBAC. My doctor doesn't do elective procedures. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"