Indiana Babies

Slow board poll

This is getting ridiculous, so here's a random poll to jump-start some board action:

1. What, if any, names did you have picked out for your kids when you were little?

2. If you had to move somewhere else, where would you move to?

3. If you didn't have to go back to school or get any training but had to choose a different occupation, what would it be?

4. What is one thing you hope happens today?

5. What is one thing you hope doesn't happen today?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Slow board poll

• 1. What, if any, names did you have picked out for your kids when you were little?

I would pick out names of musicians or t.v. characters, lol.

Anyplace warm. If Hawaii was cheaper, definitely there. 

3. If you didn't have to go back to school or get any training but had to choose a different occupation, what would it be?

A forensic detective! Well, only if real life detectives had lives like those on t.v. haha.

I hope DH is finished tearing up our old carpet before I get home from work. He took today off to do it, so lets see if he stays on task.

I hope I don't get stuck in one position. My back is killing me from tearing up baseboards yesterday, ugh. I pride myself on being "handy", so I started our re-flooring project before DH got home.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 1. What, if any, names did you have picked out for your kids when you were little?  Lauren and Justin

2. If you had to move somewhere else, where would you move to? umm...not sure. Somewhere a little warmer!

3. If you didn't have to go back to school or get any training but had to choose a different occupation, what would it be?  Some sort of doctor.  Probably a pediatrician

4. What is one thing you hope happens today?  I hope that we get to go for a couple of walks and that I can relax some...

5. What is one thing you hope doesn't happen today?  I hope that the babies aren't too fussy.

• Loading the player...
  • For real - 100+ views and no responses? I'll go...

1. Lauren Elizabeth and Sean something. I still like Lauren.

2. I'd strongly consider Vermont, but if I was smart I'd choose someplace warmer.

3. If money also wasn't a consideration, I'd love to be an event planner for a non-profit.

4. Hope I have a baby. (ok, this was a self-serving question).

5. I hope I don't have to admit any new patients to the unit today. I am mentally checked out of work (hence my desperation to time waste on here)

• 1.  I don't really remember.  I know I liked Sam for a boy.

2. Colorado yeah for skiing and hiking!

3. A Vet.  I beat myself up regularly for not realizing my passion for animals sooner

4. I finish the project I'm working on.

5. That Nora doesn't sleep again at DC. 

Deleted
  • 1. I don't think I had names picked out.

2. Boston, it's where I'm from.

3. This is a tough one! I'd love to be a PE teacher, but they are a dying breed these days.

4. I hope I start feeling better. I'm battling a cold and just feel crummy!

5. I hope that I don't a call from daycare. Stella was very cranky and I'm hoping that her cold didn't turn into an ear infection!

• 1. What, if any, names did you have picked out for your kids when you were little?

I always had dolls named Samantha and Abby. I loved those names.

Somewhere in SC or TN

Owner of  a cake/bakery shop.

I get to take a nap.

Drama with some friends tonight. I feel like I'm in highschool. Does it ever end? I'm seriously about to give up on some friendships.

~Micah and Danae 6-17-06~
    ~GRACIE JEAN 7-5-08~

Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1.  Boy: Alexander nn Alex  Girl: Starrlyn Elizabeth.  I apparently wanted her to be a stripper.

2.  Somewhere warm!!! 

3.  A bakery shop owner/baker.

4.  I hope to have a nice evening with DH and DDs.

5.  I hope Ellie isn't whiney when I pick her up at daycare, but that won't happen.

• imagemarleysmom:

1. What, if any, names did you have picked out for your kids when you were little? Adriana Elizabeth for a girl. Don't think I ever thought about a boy. Totally different girl name now...if I ever have one.

2. If you had to move somewhere else, where would you move to? I suppose if I *had* to move...probably somewhere in Northern CA.

3. If you didn't have to go back to school or get any training but had to choose a different occupation, what would it be? Professor of Health Promotion or  be an Epidemiologist.

4. What is one thing you hope happens today? Hmmmm...I win the lottery? I guess, more realistically, I hope that I start to feel better.

5. What is one thing you hope doesn't happen today? I DO NOT want to have any cavities when I go to the dentist. :)

• 1. What, if any, names did you have picked out for your kids when you were little? I wanted to name a girl Amy Wellington. No clue why I gave a random last name.

2. If you had to move somewhere else, where would you move to? Of the places I've been, maybe Charlotte, NC or Atlanta. I love Boston but it's too spendy.

3. If you didn't have to go back to school or get any training but had to choose a different occupation, what would it be? High school guidance counselor.

4. What is one thing you hope happens today? I hope I can stay awake long enough to have sex with my husband for the first time in a month.

5. What is one thing you hope doesn't happen today? I hope I don't fall asleep at 8pm. See above. :)

Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1. What, if any, names did you have picked out for your kids when you were little?  Sydney Elizabeth and Todd

2. If you had to move somewhere else, where would you move to? probably Tennessee since I like the seasons, but dont want it to be outragously cold either

3. If you didn't have to go back to school or get any training but had to choose a different occupation, what would it be?   probably a nurse

4. What is one thing you hope happens today? I hope Luke takes a good nap as Im exhausted today.

5. What is one thing you hope doesn't happen today? I hope I dont have to fix dinner tonight and that DH offers to take us out...wishful thinking.

Kimberly for a girl. I never thought of boy names

NYC

Marine biologist

Nuggy does his practice breathing in a timely manner

don't have a baby

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • 1.  Diane. Not sure where it came from.

2.  Some place warmer, I'm not sure as I haven't traveled that much! 

3. I think a NICU nurse sounds fascinating but I don't think I have what it takes.  

4. I get to go outside. 

5. The only thing I can think if is that I hope I don't have a baby today :-) LOL

Sally and Stephanie.  Twins, of course.  I freaking loved the name Sally.  I even sent away to have my Cabbage Patch Kid renamed Sally.

Realistically?  Chicago.  Unrealistically?  Europe, maybe London.

Something that I could just leave when I left work.  My job never allows me to do that.

That I'm productive enough to finish painting the nursery when I get home.

I really hope it doesn't rain this evening.  I want to take Tyson on a walk when I get home from work tonight.

elizabeth and shane

eastern TN or SC (danae, we could be neighbors :) )

i would love to own a little bar

i finish this damn project i've been working on for a week! argh!

i hope i don't have to stay at work too late tonight!

I don't think I did, if I did, I don't remember

NC, Georgia, Colorado, AZ 

Nurse or an event planner

The afternoon moves fast

Rain, it was so nice to go for a walk yesterday and I want a repeat..

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP #2 11/4/12 EDD 7/20/12 missed M/C 12/13/12 @8w5d D&C 12/21/12
    DX 2/7/13 with an alloimmunity + for anti-paternal antibodies started Lovenox daily & BA
    BFP 2/16/13 EDD 10/28/13

• 1. What, if any, names did you have picked out for your kids when you were little?  I don't totally remember, but I loved names of foreign places.  Like Pretoria and other random cities in Africa.  And I loved the name Mitchell but that may be because I had a crush on a boy with that name for like 3 years.  Oh and Hunter Jordan.  

2. If you had to move somewhere else, where would you move to? Charleston, SC, Asheville, NC, Denver, CO.  Or Japan. 

3. If you didn't have to go back to school or get any training but had to choose a different occupation, what would it be?  Event planning.  Hands down.

4. What is one thing you hope happens today?  DH has a great interview and gets hired. 

5. What is one thing you hope doesn't happen today?  It gets cloudy.  I love the warm weather!

• 1. Laura and Stephanie.  Laura Holt was a character on Remington Steele that I loved.

2. More south, probably Hilton Head where Matt's family is. I hate that we don't see them often

3. Something like a dress shop owner or kids clothes.  Actually, I'd really like to open an Orange Leaf franchise.  I think it would be fun.

4. That I can sort through my messy project at work and get a clear idea of how to proceed.  Also, that Jake and Lauren start getting over this cough.

5. That neither of my children wake up between 8pm and 7am

• imageNDwife07:
    1. What, if any, names did you have picked out for your kids when you were little? I wanted to name a girl Amy Wellington. No clue why I gave a random last name.

LOL at giving her a last name!

• 1. Ashley for a girl, I think I seriously wanted my Mom to rename me Ashley, I have no idea why?  For a boy I think Tyler.

2. Nashville, TN.  Somewhat similar to Indy in size and stuff but not as cold and can get to more fun weekend road trips much faster.

3. Work for non-profit and being able to make an impact in my community.

4. I find a birthday gfit for 4 year old that seriously has everything!

5. I'm with the others on Rain, I really want to take a walk with Leah this evening.

• 1. What, if any, names did you have picked out for your kids when you were little? I have a terrible memory so that wasn't something that stuck :( plus, when I was little I said I didn't want to have kids. So weird.

2. If you had to move somewhere else, where would you move to? Alaska.

3. If you didn't have to go back to school or get any training but had to choose a different occupation, what would it be? I would open up a bakery/coffee shop/yarn, craft, fabric store.

4. What is one thing you hope happens today? I hope my child sleeps tonight.

5. What is one thing you hope doesn't happen today? Hmmm. Bad things? Haha. I don't know, soecifically.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

I never wanted kids. Embarrassed I never pictured myself married either...

I miss New York. I'd like to go back there. Or maybe Georgia it sounds nice there.

I'd be a librarian. 

The weather gets nice enough for a walk and my kids don't drive me insane.

My headache getting so bad we can't go out. I don't think i can handle another day of sitting watching movies and coloring.

• imagemrs.melluvslogan:

1.  Boy: Alexander nn Alex  Girl: Starrlyn Elizabeth.  I apparently wanted her to be a stripper.

Hahaha! This made me giggle.

• imagemanda429:

1. Laura and Stephanie.  Laura Holt was a character on Remington Steele that I loved.

I like her too for obvious reasons ;)

I always loved Katelyn.

Anywhere warm. I would love Hawaii but it's too far away.

Professional shopper :)

Cleaning. That requires some motivation though. Also, a good long nap from DD.

hmm...can't think of much other than DD being fussy.

• 1. What, if any, names did you have picked out for your kids when you were little? Oh, I have some good ones!  When I was in 7th grade I "created" a name:  Sareina (Su-ray-nuh).  Then I decided if I had girl/girl twins I would either name them Melody and Harmony or Mecca and Medina.  The Holy Cities of Islam?!  What was I thinking?! lol

2. If you had to move somewhere else, where would you move to? Some place we could legally be a family. 

3. If you didn't have to go back to school or get any training but had to choose a different occupation, what would it be? Stay-at-home-millionaire :)

4. What is one thing you hope happens today? I hope my friend has a good time when she comes over for dinner tonight.

5. What is one thing you hope doesn't happen today? I hope I don't eat any more Valentine's Day candy. Oh, Lordy.

• 1. At one point I wanted to name my daughter Aurora, like from Sleeping Beauty.   

2. Rome! 

3. I would love to be a nutritionist.

4. One thing I hoped would happen was that my freshman class would go well.  Yesterday was kind of a flop and I needed "a win" today.  It was great!  Yay!

5. I hope that DH doesn't forget to pick up LO today since I usually get her bu have to work late. (I'll call him to make sure this doesn't happen!)

• 1. At one point I wanted to name my daughter Aurora, like from Sleeping Beauty.  (When I was little)

2. Rome! 

3. I would love to be a nutritionist.

4. One thing I hoped would happen was that my freshman class would go well.  Yesterday was kind of a flop and I needed "a win" today.  It was great!  Yay!

5. I hope that DH doesn't forget to pick up LO today since I usually get her bu have to work late. (I'll call him to make sure this doesn't happen!)

• 1. Names for kids: I liked Shane and Addison for a boy (which, haha - Addison is totally a girl's name now).  For a girl, I liked the name Emma.

2. Move - Nashville, TN.  Actually we plan to either move there in 5 or so years or back to Carmel/Zionsville.  I'd actually prefer Indiana, but Nashville is a close second for me.  I will say the weather in E.TN is amazing for those of you who listed it - it's 72 here today and beautiful!

3. Hmm, I'd choose to be a stylist if I could be guaranteed a job.  Or a clothing designer - maybe for kids.

4. I hope my new laptop gets here!

5. I hope that Jackson doesn't fight bedtime tonight like he did last night.  It made me sad because he was so upset!

• 1.  I think Gabrielle was a name I like back when.

2.  Good question, I like where we are so even though I feel I should pick some place exotic but I'd pick my hometown.

3.  I'd probably be a dentist.

4.  I'd like to get my pj's on?

5.  Today has been better than the last few days!  I'm happy as it!

• 1. Nicholas Scott and Lauren Elizabeth :) my DH hubby hated both so they will be forever remembered lol

2. this is a tough question...i have lived here my entire life..maybe an island :)

3. i would be a vet for sure!

4. well...i will post what i hope happens tomorrow b/c it's now 10pm here...i hope i get a good turnout for my jewelry party

5. again...this is for tomorrow...i hope that my kids don't tear up the house before the guests arrive!!! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"