Orange County Babies
Options

Need Help

C will not go in his carseat.  He arches his back and laughs and takes off for the other side of the  car. I have tried forcing him in, waiting patiently, sometimes bribing works with crackers or binky.  Has this happened to anyone. Today I had a doctors appointment and we sat in the car for 20 minutes before I could get him in.  It doesn't help that I am very pregnant and can't force him in.  WWYD?

Re: Need Help

• Options

Well, I can only speak from experience, and I am sure this will get many gasps, and "oh no she didn't", but anyway:

My mom would give me two warnings and a pinch. A good pinch. I would cry and then get it over it. Or you could threaten to take away his binkie, blankie, or favorite toy? Good luck, I am not looking forward to this day.

• Options

I remember those days, still have them but now with a 31/2 year old. I threaten to leave her if she doesn't cooperate, and that does the trick. I just say "okay, well I have to go so have fun on the curb". Also, try the police man trick. Any time we are near our car (even if it's not running) I tell her a police man sees us and will get mom in trouble if she isn't wearing her seatbelt. This also works when we are driving and she houdini's out of her straps. Good luck!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Yikes! I'm sorry you are going through that. I haven't gone through that (knock on wood) but if all else fails maybe the little pinch or light swat on the hand won't hurt. Maybe only after a couple pinches, all he will have to do is see your fingers in the pinching form and he will get right in his seat and you won't actually have to do it anymore :).

• Options

my 2 yo will do other things to not buckle in her seat ... sometimes i do the pinch thing ... i've only had to do it once ... now just the mention of it gets her scrambled into her seat and obedient ... other times i have also told her we're leaving w/o her ... that gets her scrambling too ... hehe

sorry you're dealing w/this while preggo!  it's so tough!  hope something works ....

• Options

... I can't believe you'd dare pinch your child :) ?

J/k... I did a flick on the leg or a little pinch. ?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"