Detroit Babies
Options

Looking for a referral for an internist or general doc in troy area

The doc I usually see is out of town and I haven't been there for a couple of years.  I think I may have strep throat.  Do you have a doc that you love and that doesn't keep you waiting for more than 20 minutes usually.  Thanks.

Re: Looking for a referral for an internist or general doc in troy area

• Options

I've started seeing Dr. Makris from Troy Internal https://www.troyinternalmedicine.com/.  I really like him and he's been really good about running on time.  The office is in need of some updating (it's pretty drab), but in the grand scheme of things, I guess tha'ts not important.  The practice has a bunch of doctors, so even if your particular doctor isn't available same day, they can always fit you in to see someone else. 

Another option is just to go to an urgent care clinic.  They are all over the place, so I imagine there's one nearby.  In Troy, I know there's a DocNow clinic in the same area as Troy Internal.  You can make on-line appointments too, so you're not stuck waiting a long time.  I've taken Noah to the Rochester office a couple times and we've never had to wait more than 5-10 minutes https://www.8docnow.com/locations.htm

Hope you feel better soon!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Dr. Jami Small is also awesome at Troy Internal Med. I've spent a lot of time in doctors offices in the past 2 years and that office is a well oiled machine. Never been to one run so efficiently.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I see Dr. Neil Fraser @ Troy Internal Medicine.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • Options

Thanks all.

I ended up going to the DocNow urgent care.

Before I posted I was thinking about going to Troy Internal but I found a site that had a majority of reviews that said the wait is about an hour. Maybe it depends on the doc.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"