May 2011 Moms

Hand me down clothes

I have all of DDs old clothes and I know I will have to wash and sort them, again. When do you plan to wash and sort your hand me down clothes?
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Hand me down clothes

• I got a lot of hand me downs from my SIL.  I've already sorted them into sizes (up to 12 months), but I'll wait until I'm 34/35 weeks to wash them.  Our nursery isn't ready anyways, so there's nowhere to put them.
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We got a lot of hand-me-down's from my mom that were my baby sister's things (she is the youngest girl in the extended family, so there wasn't anyone else to hand her clothes down to until now!). I washed them a few days after I brought them home, but I have yet to organize any of them...nor have I organized any of this LO's new clothes, either. My goal is to have all of it done by 35 weeks.
  • Loading the player...
  • I already have washed them, I had to sort DD's so I figured I would just do baby's at the same time. Also I am sure I will get more clothes after my shower.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Photobucketimage imageimage
  • I washed all the ones we got, and have yet to organize them. They're in the dresser, just not sorted by size yet.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think I might do it now, so I have an idea of what I need, and what is no longer usable (heavy stains or holes, etc.) Also, I don't know the sex of this baby, so I need to see how much of her stuff was gender neutral!!  I just remember a thread saying it was too early before and I didn't know what the proper timing was. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • The hand me downs I have are all still in Indiana. We are still in the process of getting the clothes shipped down here. But when I do recieve them I will wash them at around 34 weeks. Did I mention there is about 6 king size bag fulls of nothing but baby clothes up to 18 months? I will be doing a lot of laundry. Plus the clothes that I have all ready bought. Wow. I will be doing it at 32weeks because I am at risk for preterm labor. I had my son at 34weeks.

Marley Soledad
    4/20/2011
    Photobucket
    Esma: I'll turn him into a flea. A harmless little flea. Then Ill put that flea in a box. And put that box inside another box. Mail that box to myself. And when it arrives. ILL SMASH IT WITH A HAMMER. Its brilliant, brilliant, brilliant I tell you. Genius I say.
    Or to save on postage. Ill poison him with this.
  • We still have to figure out the dresser arrangement for this LO and then I'll probably wash them about a month before my EDD.  Depending on if April is wet or dry it could be nice enough to line dry everything then.
    Children should be seen, and heard, and believed. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I will wash them as soon as I have somewhere to put them other than a tub on top of the filing cabinet.  I did do a load of blankets and bibs a month ago, just to feel like I was accomplishing something baby-related  :)

Just out of curiosity, why would it be too early?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've organized, but haven't washed.  Will wash at around 35/36 wks. 
    Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagemzsparklepdx:

Just out of curiosity, why would it be too early?

Because if they sit for too long, they could get dusty or musty, which would go against the point of washing them all.

• I have received some clothes from friends and purchased a lot at consignment sales (though not NB stuff, 3MO+ clothes). I plan to go through that in April and wash then. We don't have anything set up yet and when we do work on the nursery, the closet has to be painted, so I have no where to put things yet anyway.
    Photobucket
    aCg 3.1.07 | hCr 5.5.11
  • I got a bunch last weekend and I have them sorted by piles sitting in the crib hahaha.  I am waiting until we get our dresser which I need to remember to order, and until I buy plastic bins to put the other sizes in.  I plan on having them washed before my shower which is April 16th, so then I can wash those clothes next.  I am not bothering to wash any but the littlest stuff now.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I sort them as I get them (or as I store them).  I need to Biz a bunch, those yellow spit up stains show up during storage, and will do that when I treat some that I'm sending to CA next month.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My mom brought me a huge load of second-hand clothes.  I'm going to go ahead and wash them all and sort them, then any we decide not to use I'll give back to her so she can pass them along to someone else.
    imageimageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • all the hand me downs I have in the house now are already cleaned.

My sil is giving me a ton of clothes and she is washing them for me before the come to me (thank god and super nice of her)! 

If I do not like any of them or use any of them I figure they will be all set and clean to give to someone else. 

Anniversary

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I haven't gotten my hand me downs yet but my friend London says her mom wants to give me all of her little brother's old clothes which are still pretty new, he's only a little over a year old.  Looking forward to the slew of band onesies~ I'll probably wash them whenever I get them as long as my nursery furniture is in.  :)

• with all of ds's stuff, i washed it and sorted it into giant zip loc bags by size as he outgrew it.  totally a pain, but very thankful to have it all done now.  for the rest, i will wait and see if i get to 35 weeks, i have a few friends who have offered summer hand me downs, and i'll know by then what size i should need. 
    bound to cover just a little more ground Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It's done. They're in the drawers. I've got lots of NB and 0-3, and then a few of bigger sizes. Bless moms that just want to get rid of stuff.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"