August 2011 Moms
Options

Lump in my throat

In my first tri I had a lot of nausea and vomiting and my gag reflexes have been heightened for sure.  Now it feels like I have a lump in my throat when I swallow and it makes me feel like the slightest cough or swallowing of a drink I want to puke.  I was talking to my friend this morning and she asked me if I had the "lump" yet in my throat.  All I could do was laugh because the lump made me puke up my breakfast this morning all over my bathroom floor. 

I am feeling grateful that I don't have a lot of nausea anymore, but the lump is making me throw up almost daily with the slightest irritation.  I don't know how else to describe it except that it feels like when you've swallowed something that you can't quite get the whole way down and it's stuck part way in your throat.  But it feels like this all the time...Am I the only wacko that this is happening to??

Married 8/23/09 Dx: Endometriosis mc 2003, mc 2005, mc Oct. 2009 and ectopic pg Feb. 2010 Baby Girl Gracie Mae born 5 weeks early on 7/6/11. Baby boy JT born full term on 7/5/12. We are blessed!

Re: Lump in my throat

• Options
    oh my gosh!!!! I AM RIGHT THERE WITH YOU!!!! I am so glad I'm not alone!!! it's terrible. While I don't feel the morning sickness anymore, this flippin' lump thingy is killing me and is making me more sick than I was with the m/s!!!!! I want to ask my doctor about it on friday, see if he can suction whatever it is out or something. I don't know that I can handle it for another 27 weeks w/out cracking......
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Haha I was just telling DH last night I just keep waiting to puke in the sink while I'm brushing my teeth... I gag myself every time... Its terrible... but thats really the only time I have that feeling thankfully.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I've got the same thing! Every time I eat, I feel like I have a piece of food stuck in my throat and nothing helps. I feel it most at night and in the morning it's clear. Totally annoying but better than nausea (although it does make me sometimes want to puke).

Glad to hear I'm not imagining it

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagejntaylor11:
    Haha I was just telling DH last night I just keep waiting to puke in the sink while I'm brushing my teeth... I gag myself every time... Its terrible... but thats really the only time I have that feeling thankfully.

How funny you should say that, because I practically throw up every morning when I brush my teeth...so glad I'm not the only one! But it happens the most when I use my Sonicare. LOL The vibration when I brush my back teeth triggers me to start gagging uncontrollably...it's awful! I've switched to a normal manual brush for now, and just floss like a mutha. LOL

I also gag (sometimes to the point of throwing up) when I clean out my ears with a Q-tip...BF thinks it's hilarious and somehow finds it endearing. lol

Anniversary
    RTT badgeDSCN1111  Isla
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Feeling like there is food or something stuck in your throat is actually a symptom of acid reflux. Have you tried tums? I get the smoothie kind, SO much easier to get down.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I had this at the end of my pregnancy with DD but it seemed to come on right away with DD.

My 'lump' doesnt hurt or burn, it is just annoying, it is odd. What the heck is it?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    How strange.  I've never experienced that--at least not constantly.  It sounds like you're not alone and it's a normal pg symptom.  That sucks though.  I hope it goes away or gets better for you soon!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageMeehanbride:

I had this at the end of my pregnancy with DD but it seemed to come on right away with DD.

My 'lump' doesnt hurt or burn, it is just annoying, it is odd. What the heck is it?

When I had it, it didn't hurt or burn either, which is why I just dealt with it. Finally one night I was complaining to DH, who is a pharmacist and he said, um, you know that's probably acid reflux? I would have never thought that. I started loading up on Tums and making sure I sat upright after meals for awhile.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

That's how most of my m/s was. I also have really bad acid reflux and heart burn from before, so it doesn't surprise me. I kept telling people I wasn't so much nauseous as I just had that lump in my throat like I was ready to puke, but nothing came out. I take Tums almost daily due to actual burning sensations now, but I don't have the lump. Maybe try some Tums or something similar. It's not fun at all.

I also gag on my toothbrush. Ugh. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I could have written this post!!  I lovingly refer to it as "my hairball."  Morning, noon, night -- it's always with me!  I do still have my daily morning sickness, which happens directly following my lukewarm shower or the teethbrushing... 

I will have to try the Tums trick.  I didn't really put much thought into it, but knowing I'm not the only one, now puts a little more weight to it!  Thanks for the tip!!

Oh, and the PP with the Q-tip issue -- I have that one too!  UGH!

Mr. & Mrs. ~ 09.08.07

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I had this with DD and have it again this time. It's acid reflux. Tums didn't work for me, not strong enough. If Tums don't work, talk to your doctor. I'm on a Rx for it (Reglan) and if I don't take it regularly it doesn't help much. It also helps with the urge to vomit. It's common in the first tri.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"