July 2011 Moms

YES, I know I'm having a baby in July!!!

I have had so many people comment on the fact that I am having a baby in July and how miserable I am going to be! I realize it is going to be hot outside and I will be uncomfortable when I am 40 weeks pregnant but I am going to have a baby!!! I don't care what time of the year I have him/her. I won't have to worry about snow storms and floods with my July baby!!!

Okay.....vent over. Thanks for listening :)

Re: YES, I know I'm having a baby in July!!!

• Tell them while they are at work you will be chillin' getting paid w/ your baby hanging out in the gorgeous summer weather. Stick out tongue
    __________________________________________________________________________________________Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • imagehollytony:

I have had so many people comment on the fact that I am having a baby in July and how miserable I am going to be! I realize it is going to be hot outside and I will be uncomfortable when I am 40 weeks pregnant but I am going to have a baby!!! I don't care what time of the year I have him/her. I won't have to worry about snow storms and floods with my July baby!!!

Okay.....vent over. Thanks for listening :)

Oh, well why don't you change the due date? Didn't you know you could move it? 

• Loading the player...
  • I've had people tell me the opposite - that having a baby when it starts to heat up will be ideal, because I can go swimming and feel weightless when I'm at my biggest - just look forward to that!

BFP #1: 10/2011, Pre-eclampsia in last 6 weeks, emergency C-section, DD born 6/25/11

BFP #2: 8/16/14, Ectopic Pregnancy & Methotrexate Inj. 9/5/14, Adverse MTX reaction, HCG levels down after 2 weeks

BFP #3: 2/23/2016, EDD 10/28/2016

• It could be worse.  You could be pregnant with a baby due in July living in Houston.  Last summer, we had many, many days with 100+ temps.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagenjohnson1972:
    It could be worse.  You could be pregnant with a baby due in July living in Houston.  Last summer, we had many, many days with 100+ temps.

I live in Alabama so I'm right there with you. Still, I don't understand why people feel the need to inform me how hot it will be this summer in late July, like it never occurred to me. I've lived here my whole life, thanks. Confused

• imageSaltina11:
    Tell them while they are at work you will be chillin' getting paid w/ your baby hanging out in the gorgeous summer weather. Stick out tongue

Ditto. That'll shut them up. :)

Isaac Levi 4/26/09 : BFP#2 - MC 9w : Ezra John 6/26/11 : Miriam Joy 4/12/13 : Naomi Ann 9/2/14

• imageSaltina11:
    Tell them while they are at work you will be chillin' getting paid w/ your baby hanging out in the gorgeous summer weather. Stick out tongue

this is what I remind my co-workers about when they say that.  I'll deal with a hot June to have 12 weeks of paid summer vacation!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Like Cool Very much hate that too. I am glad I will have the summer for my maternity leave.
    Anniversary

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

MMC 8/11/15

imageimageimage
  • And your baby won't be born in the middle of flu/cold season!  DS was born in July, and it was nice staying in the house with the air conditioner. :) Also, you can have fun outdoor parties for birthdays!  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers pregnancy calendar
  • I just found out my sister in law is pregnant and im due at the start of july and she's due sept 14th  i dont have to really go through the summer like she does! and every family member points that out to her, Im sure she's sick of hearing that from everyone in our family!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yeah, its gonna be so awful hanging out at the pool all day with my mocktails. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

• I've been dealing with this also.  I'm trying not to let it bug me, but it's really starting to.  I don't get why people are focusing on the time of year and not the fact that, umm..I'm having a baby.  The funny thing is, if the baby were due in the winter people would say, "Oh, it'll be so cold."  As someone who outgrew FOUR coats during the winter in my last pregnancy, I cannot wait for my summer delivery. 
  • I live in Phoenix where summers can heat up to 120+ (its a dry heat Big Smile), but I don't care.  I would rather be able to wear sundresses than have to buddle up a big ol' belly.  Plus- everyone overcompensates by dropping the A/C low.  And, lastly, I would love to float weightlessly in a pool.  Bring it!!
    image. image. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagestefanie_cbc:
    Yeah, its gonna be so awful hanging out at the pool all day with my mocktails. 

THIS!  And the baby will be out so you can enjoy the rest of the summer! I can't believe what some people say sometimes - if you were to have it in the winter, fall or sprint I'm sure they'd probably tell you why that's horrible too!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • i did consider the time of year for planning... =)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • You could tell them... "At least I have an excuse to be fat in the summer!"  :-)  But that would be rude. :-)  I do like the point someone made about it being the perfect time because you can swim and be buoyant! :-)

Congratulations!!!

We're due July 7th and just found out she's a girl!!!

Des 

• imagereesie4:
    And your baby won't be born in the middle of flu/cold season!  DS was born in July, and it was nice staying in the house with the air conditioner. :) Also, you can have fun outdoor parties for birthdays!  

this...DS was born in Jan so there isn't much you can do outside in Jan! :O)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• imagetaralp25:
    I love when people think the weather was the factor that popped into my head when trying to conceive a baby.  lol

This! I remember being naive when we first started TTC and though "I won't try too close to Christmas" or "I won't try too close to so-and-so's birthday". Yeah once the months of TTC start adding up, you don't give a flying fart when it happens!

BFP 11/14/10 after 16 cycles!
  • I live in AL too. Its going to be hot, and I'm going to be miserable. But I was miserable in Dec when I had DD because I was cold.  There is no time in the year when your not miserable at 35 week pregnant.

The great thing this time I get to wear cute dresses and sandals when my feet swell vs. jackets and trying to find covered shoes that fit Flinstone feet.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicBabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We decided to finally break down and get central A/C this year because of the LO.  Big Smile  It'll be our 4th summer in our house.  I don't want to spend all of July and part of August on maternity leave in a house that reached 87 degrees INSIDE last year!! 
    PhotobucketLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I'm in Minnesota, but I keep telling everyone that, while it's hot in July, at least I won't be PG in August, when it's really humid and miserable! Plus, I can teach baby to love swimming right away! :)

• Yeh I live in Florida, Our "summer" is April--November. This is a perfect excuse to stay inside and soak up that AC, and yes the pool. My MIL has a pool and I will be over there whenever possible.
  • At least you don't live in south GA!  I've heard that same song-and-dance too many times to count!
  • agreed you will survive, thank god for A/C
  • imageStormy101:

imagetaralp25:
    I love when people think the weather was the factor that popped into my head when trying to conceive a baby.  lol

This! I remember being naive when we first started TTC and though "I won't try too close to Christmas" or "I won't try too close to so-and-so's birthday". Yeah once the months of TTC start adding up, you don't give a flying fart when it happens!

Love it! Same here. Everyone has preferences. Your body doesn't care. After a while, you'll take it any way you can.

• imageMeg&Pete:
    I live in Phoenix where summers can heat up to 120+ (its a dry heat Big Smile), but I don't care.  I would rather be able to wear sundresses than have to buddle up a big ol' belly.  Plus- everyone overcompensates by dropping the A/C low.  And, lastly, I would love to float weightlessly in a pool.  Bring it!!

Yay someone in Arizona who knows how hot it gets here! I live in Mesa, but I think I will be living in the pool

• i'd be like, "do you live in a barn?" i intend to swim every day and after the baby comes, if you need me you can find me lounging in front of the a/c. lol!
    imageimage
  • amen sister!!
  • imagenjohnson1972:
    It could be worse.  You could be pregnant with a baby due in July living in Houston.  Last summer, we had many, many days with 100+ temps.

Yay for Houston preggos! I'll be right there with you = / But at least we can take a day trip to Galveston and get some beach time in! 

• My sil made me a list of why having a July baby is awesome (her lo was born July 3rd)

1) You can just sit in a body of water all day

2) You can wear flip flops. No worrying about swollen feet in tight shoes.

3) You can wear a sports bra and shorts while lounging around the house.

4) No need to buy a winter coat for a gigantic baby belly.

5) No worry about snow storms getting between you and the hospital.

6) You are going to be hot and miserable anyway. At least this way you can crank the AC.

• I had DD in August, and I live in FL. Honestly, it was only bad for a few weeks towards the end. Luckily I worked in air conditioning and was only outside for a few minutes each day. I would walk in the mall during lunch time for exercise. 

• imageabegailanne:

imagenjohnson1972:

I live in Alabama so I'm right there with you. Still, I don't understand why people feel the need to inform me how hot it will be this summer in late July, like it never occurred to me. I've lived here my whole life, thanks. Confused

is that a corgi?? i love that breed! too cute! 

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"