Dallas-Fort Worth Babies

mjequinelaw

Hi, I don't check the local board much because it is so slow but I saw your response to my daycare rec post.  You must live right by me.  The only two centers we have checked out so far have been Stepping Stone and Children's Lighthouse.  I thought Stepping Stone was going to be my pick but I really liked Lighthouse.  What made you decide Stepping Stone?  We are going to check out Kids R Kids, Giggles and Grins (in Old Keller), Goddard School, and the two in Heritage.  I go back the first week in March and am terrified.  Good Luck on Monday!!

Our boys are really close in age, we should have a playdate sometime.  Do you live in VOWs? 

James Sawyer 12.3.10
Leo Richard 9.20.12 

Re: mjequinelaw

• HEY!!  Sorry it's taken me forever to reply - I don't come on the Bump much and just happened to be lurking around today and saw this! 

To be honest, I really liked Lighthouse, too.  I LOVED the infant worker there and she'd been there awhile and had her own kids there.  My husband liked Stepping Stones.  We ended up leaning toward Stepping Stones because of the Christian based education later on.  However, I was really torn between them and still hope I made the right decision.  It's SO hard to leave them no matter where they are, I'm sure! 

We didn't look into Giggles and Grins - just missed that one until we'd already decided on Stepping Stones.  KidsRKids was very nice, really liked the activities for the older kids, but there was something that bothered me about the staff being so young in the infant room and the fact that they basically never touch the babies without gloves on.  I almost started crying when I was there, which I took as a sign that it just wasn't the right place.

That being said, DH may be changing jobs and we'd love to have a nanny, but it's just not feasible for us since we only have one baby.  We're in VOWS....are you?  Man, I'd LOVE to find another family to share a nanny! 

Email if you have a chance!  meg(dot)johnson(at)tbjbs.com.  Look forward to hearing from you and I'd love to playdate sometime! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"