Alabama Babies

Crap....

So I know I'm new around here, but you may remember when I was talking about my H having to have an epidural steroid injection done?   Well, it didn't work... at all.  We met with the spine and neuro surgeon yesterday for his follow-up appointment.  Adam has to have surgery.  It's scheduled for next Tuesday.  Basically, the surgeon said he has to go in and remove part of his vertabrae, reposition the nerve that's being pinched, and then remove part of his disc.  I'm freaking out. 

Luckily, my work is going to set me up with a blackberry and a laptop so I can telework while he's recovering, but I'm still a mess.  The surgeon said there's a chance that this might not work and that he may need another surgery later on.  Man, this sucks.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Crap....

• I'm so sorry yall are having to go through this.

With a husband who also had had some serious health problems, I know how stressful it is to be worried about your husband.... and helpless when it comes to making him feel better.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
    mmc and d&c at 8.5 weeks - 8/23/2010
    natural m/c and d&c at 10 weeks - 1/24/2014
    DX w/ hetero C677t and A1298C MTHFR - 3/4/2014

• That sucks.  I'm sorry you are having to go through this.  Hopefully he will just need the one :(
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry it didn't work!  Y'all are in my prayers that this is the only surgery he'll have to have!
  • Thank you, ladies! I'm just really stressed out.  He's been in pain for SOOO long without any relief, so if this doesn't work, it's just going to kill me!  I just want him to be better.  No one should have to go this long being in so much pain.
  • It is very much crap that he has to have surgery, but hoepfully it will help with his pain and fix the problem!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • So sorry, T & P's for you and hubby!
  • I'm sorry :(  I hope that this surgery fixes the problem!
  • Yikes, I'm sorry you're having to deal with this. 

I'll be thinking about you guys and praying for a speedy recovery for your hubby. 

• I hate the epidural didn't work for him.  I will keep praying for yall!
  • I am so sorry you both have to deal with that! I hope this surgery will be successful!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I just hate this. Adam is 30 years old.  He shouldn't have to deal with all this crap being so young.  I know everything will be ok, but it's so hard for me to be calm for him.  I feel like I need to be the strong one right now so HE doesn't freak out and panic, but I want to scream and cry on the inside.  I know that sounds lame, but I'm a hot mess right now.  Thank you again for all your T&Ps! 
  • I am sorry:(

I will keep you two in my thoughts and prayers.

• Bless your heart!!! I'm so sorry you have to go through this. I hope things work out!! Keep us posted!

It's good that your work is being so great too!

Erin~N~Gregg 6/30/07 Project 365 imageCafeMom Tickers
  • I'm so sorry you're going through this. I can relate too. My husband is currently in remission from having colon cancer and he's about to have a colostomy reversal. ((HUGS)) to you. You can always PM me if you want to talk. I'm also on FB.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"