Philadelphia Babies

Roxborough/Manayunk OBGYN

Hi everyone, I just recently switched to a new OBGYN in Roxborough and only saw her once before finding out I am pregnant. To be honest I didn't really like her, but since it was only once I wanna give her a second chance... in the meantime I'd like to take a look at other options. Anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks,

Liz

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Roxborough/Manayunk OBGYN

• Hi Liz-

I live in Roxborough and only had a GYN and was faced with your same problem. What a pain!  I ended up researching the hospital I wanted to deliver at and picking an OB that delivers at that facility. I didn't feel like Roxborough had any options for an OB and ended up in Abington at Womencare...who have turned out to be fabulous and only about a 20 minute ride.  You also might want to look on city ave as my old gyn had office hours 2 days a week at PCOM and I loved her, but she wasnt an OB.

Sorry, I know I'm not much help but with the Roxpital not being the best there aren't a ton of OBs in the area I felt. 

• There are not many option as OBs go in Roxborough. I went to Women for Women out of Lankenau. I love all of the OBs there. I delivered my son there, only about a 15-20 minute drive to Lankenau Hospital. The hospital also offers a lot of classes for parents, siblings, and breastfeeding. They are fabulous.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree with picking based on where you would want to deliver. I chose based on Penn affiliation. We lived in East Falls, and I go to an office in the Curtis Center at 6th and Walnut. All the doctors there are great.
    Bean Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Bean Part Deux BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageclarks415:
    There are not many option as OBs go in Roxborough. I went to Women for Women out of Lankenau. I love all of the OBs there. I delivered my son there, only about a 15-20 minute drive to Lankenau Hospital. The hospital also offers a lot of classes for parents, siblings, and breastfeeding. They are fabulous.

I'll second this.  Love all the doctors with Women for Women.  I haven't delivered with them yet but I have a couple friends who have and have nothing but good things to say about the doctors and Lankenau. 

Photobucket
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    My Acme Box last update 3/28/11
  • imagemrs pH:

imageclarks415:
    There are not many option as OBs go in Roxborough. I went to Women for Women out of Lankenau. I love all of the OBs there. I delivered my son there, only about a 15-20 minute drive to Lankenau Hospital. The hospital also offers a lot of classes for parents, siblings, and breastfeeding. They are fabulous.

I'll second this.  Love all the doctors with Women for Women.  I haven't delivered with them yet but I have a couple friends who have and have nothing but good things to say about the doctors and Lankenau. 

Me too!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I loved all of the doctors at Drexel OBGYN located in Manayunk. I delivered my daughter with them at Hahnemann hospital and wish I could be with them for my second pregnancy now, but we've moved too far away. Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"