January 2011 Moms

Meet the baby party?

We were thinking of having a meet the baby party so that our friends who don't live very close by can come by and meet our daughter. We were going to make it an open house and serve some desserts. Is this standard for this kind of thing? I've never been invited to a meet the baby party and I don't want to do something tacky.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13

Re: Meet the baby party?

• We did an all-day pot luck and it was awesome
    Jackson W. Holler born 12/9/10 at 7:52 a.m. He is my little miracle baby!! pPROM'ed at 23w1d and delivered at 34w Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I think that's a great idea. If we had a larger house that's what we would do.

• Loading the player...
  • I served some apps (cheese and crackers, fruit platter, boston cake, cocktail meatballs...etc) 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • I had considered to doing a meet the baby party.  I decided against it since most people had already met the baby and the only people who might come would be my husbands aunts.  My extended family lives 5 hours away and wouldn't come.  We are heading to DH's parents to show off the baby to his aunts.  So I guess the meet the baby party is at my in-laws.
  • Ours has beenlabeled a baby shower, but reallyi dont need much since my sister has youngkids and provided us with baby stuff. so itsmore a meet the baby party.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"