Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Baby Unibrow

So, my daughter was blessed with my husband's unibrow.  I wouldn't dream about doing anything about it now.  But I was getting my nails done the other day and a mother/daughter walked in to get their brows waxed.  The daughter was probably 10 or 11.  What age would you help your daughter start plucking or waxing?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Baby Unibrow

• Options
    When she can pay for it herself Big Smile
    Photobucket
  • Options

DS was getting close to unibrow status a while ago, so I waited till he was napping and I plucked it, he didn't even flinch. 

It never grew back in the middle 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My daughter has been getting waxed since 8 or 9. She was being teased about her brows and upper lip, so I said it is time to get this done.

I can't convince her to wax her legs though, not that I disagree with her choice, lol.

• Options
    imageJake's Mom:

My daughter has been getting waxed since 8 or 9. She was being teased about her brows and upper lip, so I said it is time to get this done.

I can't convince her to wax her legs though, not that I disagree with her choice, lol.

You should show her the study that says if you get waxed at a early age (8-10 yo) you won't have to shave your legs because it basically kills the hair growth. I wish my mother would have started that for me!  

• Options

Honestly, I'd probably try plucking now :)  However, if it seemed to hurt her I wouldn't do it.  As far as waxing, maybe middle school - as long as she was okay with it.

Another option is threading.  I never had it done (I want to) but maybe that would be a less painful option?

Unibrows are not pretty.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageJake's Mom:

Yup... if he or she is getting teased... I'm doing something about it. I'm Italian and  we can be a furry bunch so I anticipate my children being hairy like their Mama. So, if they complain I'm answering the call.

AnniversaryPhotobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    The way DD brows look already, I'm hoping that I can resist my own urge to pluck them until she's at least in kindergarten. DD got my DH's brows too.
    imageimage
    Matilda 6/19/09
    Graham 10/25/13
  • Options
    Honestly, if she gets to third grade or so and it's bad, I think we will have a Mommy and Me day lol. Mine were REALLY bad. Black, thick and while not a unibrow they were SO thick it was ridiculous. My mom finally tweezed them for me in 8th grade. Tooooo late IMO. Although I went to Catholic school, with 3 other girls in my class and I was SO not about appearance.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I've had this thought too.  If DD is anything like me, I'll be plucking/waxing for her at an early age.  I look back at my pics, and think, Man I wish my mom would have done something about my unibrow! So I don't want DD to think the same thing.  

If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving you. When mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be you and me. - Led Zeppelin
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
    imageimage image
    Chemical Pregnancy 10/5/10
    BFP 2/7/11--m/c 2/12/11
    TTD pics taken by knottie jen&louie :o)
  • Options
    I wish I could say it wouldn't bother me. But if i could do it in a painless way for her (like pp said about doing it painlessly while LO is sleeping) I'd do it.  As far as waxing- she'd have to wait till she can pay for it (like another pp said), I don't even get waxed and have to tweeze myself.  So when she can afford a wax/threading then she can get it done.  But if enough ppl were making the comment then i'd fix it now. (especially after hearing PP's reply about it maybe not growing back!)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    My youngest has a bit of a unibrow.  I think she was a little over 3 when I told her I was going to put a funny thing on her forehead & to close her eyes.  It's my bikini shaver lol- I do a quick little swipe & she thinks its hilarious because it tickles w/the vibration of the shaver.  I've never told her what I'm doing, just that we're doing something funny for a second :)
  • Options
    image*Kingston*:

Honestly, I'd probably try plucking now :)  However, if it seemed to hurt her I wouldn't do it.  As far as waxing, maybe middle school - as long as she was okay with it.

Another option is threading.  I never had it done (I want to) but maybe that would be a less painful option?

Unibrows are not pretty.

I get mine threaded and love it, but it is not less painful. I would not have set through it at 10. Which is when I finally talked my mom into plucking my eyebrows. If my daughter was getting teased I would let her wax, but if it didn't bother her, I would not bring it up.

I got really upset at my cousin who naired her 3 year olds eyebrows. I just think she is WAY too young to worry about stuff like that.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    This post makes me glad to be asian.  I can go for a few weeks without shaving my legs before it starts to get prickly!  I guess it makes up for the short factor.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Ok, now I don't feel so bad.  I have the worst urge to pluck her eyebrows now.  But, my husband says I'm a nit-picker and she's going to hate me for constantly picking on her.  Maybe if I can pluck a few of the ones in the middle and they won't grow back - that would be great.  I don't want to torture her, but she's actually got as many reddish eyebrows on her nose, as she does over her eyes.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

you guys are all serious? Hmm

click the pic (blog)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"