New to The Bump
Options

Anybody ever get negative results when indeed pregnant?

I feel like I'm pregnant, but last week I got negative test results twice.  I know for some people it can take a long time to show up when they are in fact pregnant.

I had the IUD Mirena in but got it taken out because I was bleeding and cramping severely.  What happened was it was coming out and the doctor said I wasn't fully protected.  After giving her my LMP and last times we had sex, she said I could be 4 days pregnant.  Yet she told me to continue with birth control on the nuva ring because it wouldn't harm the baby if I were pregnant.

About a week after ovulation, I had a little pink spotting when I wiped one day.  A part of me was thinking that was implantation bleeding since it happens 6-12 DPO.  That whole next week I was feeling nauseous, headaches, sore boobs, emotional, very tired, dizzy, and had some thick milky discharge.

As of now I still have headaches every day, frequent urination, still very tired, will get dizzy, heartburn, vomit in my mouth, nausea, sensitive smell, gas and bloating like crazy and just feel exhausted and sore.  Also last night after sex, some pink came out after wiping.  That has never happened before and I have heard when you are pregnant because everything is sensitive down there, which can happen after sex.

So it's been over 5 weeks since my last period, yet I'm still on the nuva ring.  Supposed to take it out this Friday and according to that, that's when I'm supposed to get my period.  I know all I can do is wait until then, but I just have that gut feeling I am pregnant.  I don't want to test again until I know my period hasn't shown by the end of this week.

Anyone else ever get negative tests when you were indeed pregnant?  And how long did it take you to finally get the BFP?  Any input is welcome, thanks!

Re: Anybody ever get negative results when indeed pregnant?

• Options

I hate to say this but if you're getting negative HPTs, you're probably not pregnant. It's not unusual for your cycles to be wonky and to have "phantom symptoms" when dealing with switching up/taking out/stopping/starting birth control.

While there are women who don't get positive HPTs until well after 14dpo (and some apparently never get a positive HPT), this is the exception for sure. The rule of thumb is generally that if you're pregnant enough to have pregnancy symptoms, you're pregnant enough to get a positive HPT. Hope you are able to get some answers soon from your Doctor. GL!

TTC 12/2009
    Me: 32 - Stage II Endo / DH: 36 - Low count and morphology (1%)
    IUIs 1-3 BFN, lap Dec. 2010, IUIs 4-6 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 - ER 2/8: 24R 19M 9F ET 2/13 2-5 day blasts (no frosties) = BFP - b/g twins!
    E & C Born 10/19/2012
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yes you are probably right.  Most likely from the birth control change, which I've thought about too and others seem to think the same thing.  I just hate not knowing what's going on with my body!  Thank you for your input though, now it's just waiting to take out the nuvaring and go from there.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I recieved a negative result on my first home pregnancy test with my first son when trying to test 4 weeks since LMP. (I got a positive at 10 weeks when I tried again because I couldn't ignore my sore tatas. This pregnancy I was positive a few days before I even expected my period.)

Not everyone is going to concieve exactly at 2 weeks after their LMP, so I think it is safe to say you may not have had enough HCG to test positive.

I do agree with the other ladies on this thread though, birth control can give some pretty nasty side effects. After I had my first son, I started taking the "wonderful" 3 month pills, where I bled for the first two weeks and felt sick on a daily basis. These pills and rings are playing with your hormones, so I can understand why you wouldn't exactly feel yourself. Especially when your body is just adjusting to it all.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"