New Jersey Babies
Options

Cord Blood

Please let me know what you think?  I still haven't made a choice, but the site seems valuable.... 

Has anyone been through this site yet? My doctor told me to go through and take a look......lts of great info but still haven't made a decision one way or another- thoughts?

www.cordblood.com/education

Re: Cord Blood

• Options
    I clicked on the link but it asked me to provide contact info which I really don't want to at this point in my pregnancy.  However, this company & others have folders of information that was stuffed into a bag my OB gave me on the first visit.  I looked through everything and thought it was a great idea to bank cord blood until I saw the cost.  The information focused on leukemia and sickle cell anemia, & I think type 1 diabetes but we'd have to wait until medical breakthroughs allowed them to treat/cure other diseases.  To me, it seems like a high insurance premium you are paying in case your subsequent children get those diseases.  And they did stress that the cord blood would only benefit your other children, not the child donating. If I had a family history of those diseases I would find the money to pay for cord blood banking.  This is all just my opinion based on what I know, my personal health/family history, and financial situation.  I think it is great if anyone else can do it.  I also think that we should applaud the medical community for coming this far with stem cell research and hopes the gov't will grant them more funding.  I believe you can also donate cord blood to a public bank but there is no guarantee it will be available to you should you need it. Hope that helps
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Cord blood banking is the best insurance policy you hope you'll never need to use.  With DD, we didn't even hesitate to bank and neither of us have a family history of illness.  We just knew it was the right thing for us.  The way medicine is progressing, you never know how many other family members can be cured by your LOs cord blood.  We banked with ViaCord and will be doing the same with DD2.  They are currently offering a $500 off coupon.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Yes cord blood banking can be costly . You should do your research and find one that fits your budget. Banking your baby's umbilical cord blood is veryimportant i case your child ever needs it. There are many diseases it can helpsuch as cerebral palsy, leukemias, myeloldysplastic syndromes(pre-leukemia) lymphomas, Erythrocyte, and other bone cancers.

If you  go to this non commercial site,  https://tinyurl.com/2b7ba9d andcheck out the comparison chart for different banks you can choose the one thatis right for you.  It can be expensive, so choose the bank that offers noannual fee as well as a payment plan.  Also, Check out this video,  https://tinyurl.com/ylmfy8u to see howbanking cord blood might save your baby's life

Good luck

Joyce@mazelabs.com

www.mazecordblood.com

joyce@mazelabs.com www.mazecordblood.com
  • Options
    should you bank your cord if the baby has sicle cell???
  • Options

I do believe that it help for that as well! We are doing the Cord Blood banking, because I have had Melanoma for 10 years, and recently lost my father to cancer. I don?t think I could live with myself if anything would happen to this little baby that I am growing, and I didn't do everything in my power to help her or my family! A good friend of mine works at CBR and if you need any information you can call him directly at 1800.588.6377 at ext. 676. His name is Dan Wellborn, even if you have nay questions he can answer them. I know that if you use the code "MEDIC" it will save you 250$ off of the total cost.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"