3rd Trimester
Options

So I had my first internal yesterday....

Not a fan, just saying.  It was after my NST, which actually showed some activity.  Which was nice, since I have been having the NSTs done since week 32, and nothing to show for it.  LOL.  Well, I am 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced.  And what does my H do?  He tells his boss, who is now freaking out.  Not because of the 1 cm, but because of the 50% effaced.  He and my H's best friend (she is also a very good friend of mine) both feel that this is very important and that it means that I will go into labor soon.  It was my understanding that it could be like this for a couple of weeks, but am I wrong?  
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: So I had my first internal yesterday....

• Options
    You could stay that way for the next 3 weeks. Don't freak yet.

Braydon 1.23.09
    Weston 3.24.11
    EDD 5.26.14
  • Options
    No worries, in this one I am not the one freaking out.  Trust me.  Just clarifying what it was that I have read versus what people IRL are trying to tell my H.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's a pretty 'average' starting point for a 36 wk internal and doesn't mean much.  It's better than being completely closed, but you aren't really that close to going into labor (well anymore than anyone else at your point).  I was 1cm 50% effaced at 36 weeks and still at that same mark at 37 weeks.  When I went into labor with DS I had just had an internal that morning was was 3cm and 50% effaced.  But there are girls on here right now who have been walking around 3-4cm for WEEKS.  Unfortunately, despite all the pain they cause, internals don't tell us much until real labor starts.  Oh and tell your DH to stop telling his boss about your cervix!! lol
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    with DS I was 1cm at 36 weeks and had to be induced at 40 weeks due to protein in urine. I was still at 1cm
  • Options

imageFutureMrsCaesar:
    Oh and tell your DH to stop telling his boss about your cervix!! lol

Ha!  Already done.  He had a nice little talking to yesterday when he told me what he did.   

• Options
    You can definitely stay there for weeks!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

With my DD I was 80% effaced at 37 weeks and then 90% effaced at 38 weeks. I was induced at 41 weeks. Your H and his boss can relax :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I totally agree with the pp's. I was 3 cm dilated and 90% effaced with #1 at 36 weeks and stayed that way for 3 more weeks!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"