Philadelphia Babies

King of Prussia area, hospital?

I know that things are being planned way ahead but I was given information from my OBGYN in King of Prussia for Montgomery Hospital. I don't know anything about Montgomery hospital except it looks sort of decrepit when driving by. Does anyone recommend or have any information about this hospital?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: King of Prussia area, hospital?

• I don't know anything about it, but my aunt live in KOP and she chose to have her babies at Bryn Mawr.
    Lauren,
    Mackenzie Beth 10.26.05 Ian James 08.09.08 Rhys Edward 07.05.10 William Brendan 04.17.12
  • I had to go there for my 20 week ultrasound and honestly did not have a great experience.  I do not know anything about the Maternity department though.  I work in KOP, live not far and delivered at Paoli.  I absolutely loved everything about Paoli.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I hear much better things about Paoli and Bryn Mawr!

I was in KOP and used Bryn Mawr.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'll say it:  Don't go to Montgomery.  Your best bets are Lankinau, Bryn Mawr or Abington.  Good luck!
  • Paoli is a great option near KOP
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • find a dr that delivers at Bryn Mawr.

I would suggest- Dr. Phillip Hirshman and Dr. Castelli. They are in practice on Shoemaker Rd in KOP

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I delivered DS at Bryn Mawr and I'LL say it- I delivered DD at Montgomery (I live in KoP).  I had a better experience at Montgomery than Bryn Mawr (I was actually forced to switch hospitals because Bryn Mawr has a de facto ban on VBACs, which is what I was). 

The maternity department at Montgomery is full of the doctors and nurses formerly of the maternity department at Chestnut Hill (that closed a few years ago).  Frankly, I would not go to Montgomery for anything else, but I would definitely deliver there again.  The nurses we SO awesome.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image image
  • imageStacyc625:

find a dr that delivers at Bryn Mawr.

I would suggest- Dr. Phillip Hirshman and Dr. Castelli. They are in practice on Shoemaker Rd in KOP

i'll second them, Castelli handled my mis-carriage and Hirshman did my c-section. I was at the birth center in bryn mawr and transferred to the hospital and had never met Hirshman, he was great to work with. 

• imagemzovoce:
    imageStacyc625:

i'll second them, Castelli handled my mis-carriage and Hirshman did my c-section. I was at the birth center in bryn mawr and transferred to the hospital and had never met Hirshman, he was great to work with. 

I should add that I was a Birth Center client that was transferred also.  I actually interviewed Hirshman for my second pregnancy and I agree he is awesome.  He was pretty honest with me that though he was pro-VBAC and technically the hospitals did VBACs that if I really wanted a good chance, to go with my midwife at Montgomery (which is what I ultimately did).  But if you want an OB/GYN at Bryn Mawr, he is really great.  There are 11 possible doctors that could deliver you there (they rotate) and there are two or three that are really not pleasant (including the one I had the pleasure of meeting).

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image image
  • I currently have a lawsuit against Montgomery.  Do yourself a favor and run far away. 
  • I live in Audubon - right across the river from KOP.  Born and raised here.  Back in the day when I was younger, Montgomery was THE hospital.  I have heard their maternity ward is great but I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2006.  I had a couple of tests done there and had my lumpectomy and lymph nodes removed (surgery).  I woke up from the surgery in the ICU (no lie - I flatbottomed) and all that anyone (doctors and nurses) would say was that I was allregic to something and went into anaphaltic (sp?) shock.  I don't have one single allergy though.  HUH ?!?!    

I am registered at Paoli to give birth.  For me, it's a no brainer.     

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageStacyc625:

Dr. Hirschman delived my son and he was my primary doc throughout my preg. He is great. Wonderful. I am going to a different practice for this birth, but only b/c I want an OB closer to where I live and I want to see what delivering at Paoli is like.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Go Phils!!
  • My doula (and the other one that we interviewed) both say that you don't want to go to Montgomery with a broken arm or a knife wound, but that their OB dept. is fantastic. They are midwife-heavy, which is a plus for me. I guess when Chestnut Hill Hosp. closed down several years ago, the bulk of their midwifery dept. moved to Montgomery. One of the best midwives around, Ronnie Rothman, delivers there, as well as barb D'Amato, who is also highly regarded. Unfortunately they don't take my ins., so we didn't really consider it.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image
    221_-6_Little Charlotte is.png" alt="baby" border="0" />
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"