Pre-School and Daycare
Options

Tubes a second time?

I usually post over on SAIF, but Has anyone's LO had to have tubes a second time? My DS1 's fell out two months ago, and he is on his second ear infection since.  Just looking for some experience .

Re: Tubes a second time?

• Options
    Yup.  She is on her second set.  Her first set never fell out, but kept getting blocked.  The procedure is the same and care is the same as the first set. 
  • Options
    Yes.  DD had one set which lasted for a bit over a year and then started with ear infections again.  She ended up with a 2nd set and they removed her adenoids at the time too.  Her second set is going strong and no ear infections, though she did have to have her tonsils out a month ago.

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    It was a carbon copy of the first surgery. Really easy for us and worth it to avoid antibiotics. I hope you have the same luck. Don't stress about it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    met DH 1995 ~ married DH 2006 ~ completed our family 2008
    Life is good!
  • Options
    I'm only lurking here but wanted to say that both my niece (almost 6) and nephew (almost 4) have had two sets of tubes each. Good luck!
    *** It's funny because I'm fat ***
  • Options

We are scheduling DD#1's FOURTH set of tubes....

all the surgeries have been the same.  She just continues with the ear infections after they fall out.  We are getting the T-tubes this time (permanent). 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"