LGBT Parenting
Options

How was your weekend?

Re: How was your weekend?

• Options
    Friday we actually stayed home and had a family meal at the dining room table. It was nice (we almost always go out on Friday nights.)

Saturday I took the kids to their ice skating class while L went to work. When she got home, we hung out, played games with the kids, watched Beauty and the Beast, etc. We were going to go out for dinner - until we realized it was the Saturday of Valentine's Day weekend.

Sunday we took the kids to see Gnomeo and Juliet (really cute!), to lunch, and the mall to return some things. Surprisingly no one fell asleep on the way home so we went to the playground when we got home - muddy and icy - but so nice to get out! L and I had a really difficult conversation about our relationship and we had dinner at home again at our dining room table. I guess I was emotionally exhausted, because I was passed out by 8pm and slept 10.5 hours - the most I can remember sleeping in 5y+.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

We got massages and had 5 people over for dinner last night.  It was a great Sunday.  

But on Saturday my wife worked and it was my first day off on my own for a while and I made the mistake of looking through the baby books that I had bought for a friend.  I didn't get inseminated last month, and we aren't able to try again this month either.  I thought I had sort of put it out of my mind, but baby thoughts took over my brain.  Can't wait for April.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    image2brides:
    L and I had a really difficult conversation about our relationship and we had dinner at home again at our dining room table. I guess I was emotionally exhausted, because I was passed out by 8pm and slept 10.5 hours - the most I can remember sleeping in 5y+.

((hugs)) 

We've been having a few of those as well - if you ever want to talk, i'm here.

• Options

Friday night we went out to dinner and then went to Home Goods and Target.  We are party animals.

Saturday we were supposed to go to Newport but we decided to do errands. We went to Baby Furniture Warehouse (the crib we are smitten with was listed online as 'drop-side' which had me in a panic so we went to see but it was an old listing.  We reaffirmed our furniture choices! sooo fun!!), then we went to pick out K's Bridesmaid dress for her sisters May wedding, and buy wedding shower gifts for them and then had a visit my father-in-law.  By the end of the day, I am happy to report I was choking back nausea!!  YAY!!!

Sunday - the nausea got worse.  Like a lot.  But everything is staying down.  We stayed home.  I did the laundry and read.  K cleaned.  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

2Brides - I hope your talk with L, while emotional, was good.  I think we've all had one of 'those talks' before.  We're here for you.  ((hugs))

BGG - Glad to see you back around these parts.  I paged you on BOTB a few weeks back but I think it got lost in pages of posts.  Just wanted to check in and see how you are doing.

My weekend was simple.  Saturday I was able to chat with K for a bit.  That was lovely of course.  Then Jelly Bean and I ran some quick errands. We needed to do some major grocery shopping, which we accomplished nicely.  The weather was nice enough that I pulled JB out of her carseat and let her sit in the shopping cart (as opposed to leaving her bundled in the carseat).  She absolutely LOVES sitting in the car and watching everything.  Most of the time she is turned around trying to watch where we are going.

Sunday I did a lot of cleaning.  A friend from D.C. visited for a little while.  After JB went to sleep I worked on K's tax paperwork a bit more.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Friday I stayed in and I worked on A's birthday cake while J ran out to buy her birthday gifts.  We were up until midnight, I was working on the cake and J was making carmel corn for the party favors.

Saturday I did enough laundry to give us clean clothes for a few days and read on the patio while A played outside.  We had to rush to the restaurant where we were having the party and then wait for them to gather enough tables together.  We had a reservation so I'm not sure why that wasn't already done, oh well.  The party was fun and A got a lot of the gifts she asked for.  We dropped A's friend off after the party and stoped by the IL's house.  SIL got the Kinect for Christmas so we got it out and played, FUN!  I think we are buying one when our taxes come in.  BIL called and asked if we could babysit our goddaughter while he and gf went out and we agreed.  We went to bed around 10 and BIL called at 1:30am to pick her up.

Yesterday J worked so A played in the morning with her new Barbie pool and then we bought some snacks and had movie time.  I got a splitting headache around 1:00 and sent A to her room to keep busy while I spent the rest of the afternoon on the couch covered in a dark blanket.  J got home and kept A busy while I muddled through making dinner and bread with my headache.  I finally took something for the headache at 9 and tried to relax in a bath.  Relief!  We watched part of the Grammys and went to bed.

• Options

2brides - sorry about the difficult convo... hope it was at least a positive thing in the end.

I was home with a sick baby on friday, and we headed to the pedi on Saturday morning when her fever came back. Its just a viral thing, so we just had to wait it out. Unfortunately her weight gain since her 9 month appointment is not great... I'm really hoping it just has to do with the two boughts of fever she's brought home from daycare recently, and with the teething (which made her not want to eat so well). She was feeling much better yesterday, and 3 of 4 teeth have now broken through the gums... she ate so much better last night then she has in about 2 or so weeks! So I'm really hoping that we see some good gain by her 1 year appt on the 21st.

Saturday was also her 1st birthday party (what timing). Since it was just family and a few close friends, we still had the party, just calling the one couple with a child to let them know the situation (in case they didn't want to come). It ended up being a really nice day, and Gwen had fun. She got her first taste of cake (Mandarin Orange Pineapple cake that I made), which she was so-so about, though she LOVED the icing (homemade whipped cream, vanilla pudding mix, and crushed pineapples with some of the juice)!

Sunday Gwen and I headed into the city with my brother so he could take the bus back down to DC. It was nice to get out a little and get, though tired (from a few nights of not sleeping well) Gwen seemed like she was back to herself. After she was in bed, I made these cookies: S'more Cookies, for Trav for Valentine's Day. They are soooo good. Make them, you won't be sorry! 

Maybe I don't have a heightened sense of smell, but I've never smelled any vagina on my pants. -- TSD

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Bloggity Blog - You know you want to...
  • Options

Friday I had my H.SG. I took the whole day off because my apointment was late morning, I had to be there early, and I didn't know how long we'd be or how I'd feel after. I'm glad I did.

my parents watched the boy Friday night and we went to a hockey game. it was nice, my mom hasn't really seen a lot of him so she was really happy--my dad was, too, but he takes care of him 1-2 days a week so he gets to spend a lot more time with him.

we drove to my wife's hometown on Saturday to see her BFF's daughter in a play. we were going to stay at my IL's that night, but they were out of town and apparently the ring of keys my wife grabbed on the way out the door didn't have the key to their house on it. oops. so we ended up staying at her BFF's place. it was fun, though.

Sunday we had breakfast and hung out for a while, then headed back home and just played/relaxed until my wife had to go to work.

• Options

Wow it was busy busy weekend.

Friday :  finished cleaning and preparing for our Valentine's Dinner party on Sunday. Melanie was craving seafood so we went for dinner to Kings and she has Mussels and pasta  and I had steamed clams ( i need Iron bad).  Came home and  watched Pregnant in America ( which kind of annoyed me ) Melanie fell asleep through it.

Saturday - Awesome sunshine day here so took dog to Dog Park  for a few hours he loved it and ran around like a crazed lunatic . Melanie was at Prenatal Yoga. Did some errand prepared some dishes for Sunday and decorated the house with LOVE STUFF. Played the babies some songs, I made a whole play-list for them.

Sunday- woke up feeling great and played the babies some Ramones  then Dog park.  Another amazing day i was even in shorts and tried to soak up some sun ran errands bought friends dogs some treat as a valentines and got some candy ... Came home napped and then DINNER PARTY TIME.   three couples and food and wine and cheese ( all pasteurized so all the prego people can eat ) and had an amazing time. Melanie was a lil grossed out  we made real meatloaf ( were vegetarians)  so that was kinda funny .. Not sure why she would not let me cut it but .... we all had a good laugh.  Everything was delish!

Melanie commented that she was barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen today (which she loved)   and she made an amazing artichoke dip from scratch ( super easy and way YUM !

Hope you all have a sweet day  were back to work (BOO) but excited because we have a Ultrasound tomorrow woo hoo !

- 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/
  • Options

Fri: Ky and I stayed home all day and cleaned. I gave Ky some of my toast and she was so cute making a mess and gobbling it up! She also began this army crawl thing across our floor....

Sat: Work for both of us. I picked up my nieces and nephew from my brother when i got Ky after work.....I had to stop at the store (per my brother's request) to get frozen pizza for dinner for them. I was stopped while trucking through the store with all four kids (ages: 10, 5, 3, and 6 months) to be told I had such wonderful and adorable children....um thanks is what I said. What I was thinking was: OMG There is NO was I look old enough to have a 10 year old...FML! After I dropped the kiddos off at my mom and dad's house, Ky and I went home. By the time I got there, Ann was walking in the door. The three of us had dinner and then I put Ky to bed. A couple friend of ours came over when he got off of work at about 11. We played black ops online and then watched some stand up on Netflix. It was fun to ahve them over but tiring going to bed so late after getting up at 6 AM!

Sun: Ky got up at 6:30 for a bottle (she has been doing this the last few days) and then went back to sleep. I was awoken later by my mom calling... when she asked why I sounded half asleep at 10:40 I panicked and hung up on her and ran to the nursery to check on Ky since she is ALWAYS up by 8:30....she was fine but sound asleep still. I called my mom back, apologized, and explained what happened. We agreed to meet for lunch at noon. I got Ann up and we joked about Ky sleeping the day away. She ended up getting up about 11. We took turns getting ready /taking care of Ky (who ate 2 jars of baby food for "breakfast"!) and were out the door on time. Lunch with the four kids was entertaining. My mom and Ann sat at one table and I ended up at the table with all of the kids....oy vey. We went back to mom's and hung put until my brother got there to get his kids. Then Ann and I went thrifting and to BEst Buy (which Ky expressed her dislike for by crying the entire time....she is my child after all). We dropped Tetris for Wii which we purchased for my mom and went home for  dinner. After dinner we got a video of Ky army crawling (she can now make it all the way across the room!) and then it was bedtime for her. We stayed up to watch a movie and then went to bed too!

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagebutterflygrooves:

SIL got the Kinect for Christmas so we got it out and played, FUN!  I think we are buying one when our taxes come in

We got one not that long ago and LOVE it! Word of caution (and this is kind of embarassing) the stupid thing takes pictures whenever you play most of the games so make sure you turn that off (on each game seperately) unless you want random pictures saved on your xbox hard drive. We thoughtwe had turned them off and well I have a tendency to not wear tops around the house (I am practically a nudist at home) and lets just say there are some nice boob shots we are trying to find and delete before they get out or some friends/relatives come over to play and stumble upon....

• Options

Weeked was great...we had a Saturday date. Though the original intention was to go to a dance at the Church on Saturday, we ended up having dinner at a diner. It was the very first time that the kiddos were cared for outside of our home. Needless to say, we missed them terribly.

Sunday was a little rough as naps were not to be had. It was even hard getting them to go night-night. But they did and woke up to having doctor's appointments and starting a new daycare. Poor kiddos.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    image2mommiesinoh:
    imagebutterflygrooves:

SIL got the Kinect for Christmas so we got it out and played, FUN!  I think we are buying one when our taxes come in

We got one not that long ago and LOVE it! Word of caution (and this is kind of embarassing) the stupid thing takes pictures whenever you play most of the games so make sure you turn that off (on each game seperately) unless you want random pictures saved on your xbox hard drive. We thoughtwe had turned them off and well I have a tendency to not wear tops around the house (I am practically a nudist at home) and lets just say there are some nice boob shots we are trying to find and delete before they get out or some friends/relatives come over to play and stumble upon....

Sorry but hahahahahhahahaha!  It got a few shots of my belly hanging out of the bottom of my shirt when I would jump with my arms raised. Embarrassed  I didn't ask to have them deleted, oops.

• Options
    imagebutterflygrooves:
    image2mommiesinoh:
    imagebutterflygrooves:

Sorry but hahahahahhahahaha!  It got a few shots of my belly hanging out of the bottom of my shirt when I would jump with my arms raised. Embarrassed  I didn't ask to have them deleted, oops.

Laugh away we certainly did when they flashed up on the screen! 

Ann had a few of those too and started tucking her shirt in....

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"