Military Families
Options

Ft. Rucker PCS

So, we are currently stationed in Alaska, but hubby's DEROS is April.  He put in an extension request months ago and we still haven't gotten it back approved OR denied (and it's 2 months until April!). We know we'll be going to Ft. Rucker next, and we already have a house down there that our renters just moved out of. If his extension goes through to stay in Alaska, he may deploy.

It makes me nervous to leave our house vacant down there at Rucker while we wait to find out what the army wants, so the question is, do I rent it out to someone new in case we stay here, or do I keep it open in case we PCS in April? Or, if he does deploy, maybe I move down there anyway to avoid another Alaska winter.

Anyway, just weighing the pros and cons :) Learning pretty quickly this is just what it's like when your husband is a soldier, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Re: Ft. Rucker PCS

• Options

If you can swing paying the mortgage on your house at Rucker for 2mos then I'd do that and then make the decision come April or once you find out if you are PCS'ing or not (whatever comes first).  That way if you end up going there you are there without having to kick out a brand spankin' new renter or finding a different place to stay (if you don't mind doing that then it doesn't really matter).

• Options
    imageMaxandRuby:

If you can swing paying the mortgage on your house at Rucker for 2mos then I'd do that and then make the decision come April or once you find out if you are PCS'ing or not (whatever comes first).  That way if you end up going there you are there without having to kick out a brand spankin' new renter or finding a different place to stay (if you don't mind doing that then it doesn't really matter).

This exactly.

We are at Rucker now and you will always be able to find someone to rent (at least from my experience) but you don't want to find a renter and then find yourself down here. 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"