Adoption

Where do you start?

DH and I are about to finish our first IVF....we said that if IVF doesn't work we would look at adoption.  I am now starting to do some research.  How do you go about finding the right agency.  We know we want to do domestic adoption, but I am not sure how to find an agency.
After a loss at 13wks and years dealing with IF and failed treatments (3 failed IUI and 1 failed IVF), we have been blessed with DS (surprise BFP) and now his little sister (2nd round of clomid and TI) on her way. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image

Re: Where do you start?

• Research research research. Internet, phone book, boards like this, yahoo groups, anything you can get your hands on. Then talk to them, and see who makes you feel comfortable. Ask questions.

I really liked Adoption for Dummies. They go over all kinds of adoptions and provide resources.

Good luck.

• Google is your best friend when starting the process!  Make calls, get references, and read!  I agree with Dr. L that Adoption for Dummies is a great book for getting things started!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Make sure that you and DH are on the same page- that's most important.  Then decide HOW you want to adopt- there are several different way.  And go from there. Chat with others who have used different organizations and ask questions.  That's what we did.

I hope your journey to parenthood is a smooth one from here on out.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"