New York Babies

Baby's First Birthday Venues?

Hi ladies- Does anyone have any good suggestions for a venue for Baby's First Birthday?  I'm on the Upper West Side, not sure if there is anything close by.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Baby's First Birthday Venues?

• Gymboree or The Little Gym are always safe bets.  Very kid friendly, everything is already baby-proofed, they set everything up, they're experts with baby activities, they clean everything up.  Can't go wrong.
  • How big do you need it to be?  Is it just adults or will there be kids too?  Gymboree is great (I had my son's 3rd birthday party there a few months ago) but it's a waste if you have mostly adults or 12 month olds - they won't really use the space at that age.  If you have a lot of 3-6 year olds, it's great.

We had my son's 1st birthday at a pizza place.  They gave us the back area and we just had my friend come and play guitar.  They charged us $15 for the space.  Some places have private rooms - but you'll almost always have to pay for them.  One charged $150 just for the room and then you have to buy all the food. 

Manhattan is very difficult for parties- and very expensive.  If you have just a few family members, I suggest going to a restaurant and just ask if you can bring a cake.  It really depends on how much you want to spend and how many people are coming.

3 IUI's and 2 IVF's later- Brady arrived. Born at 36 weeks after PUPPS and pre-e/HELLP.
    IUI- BFN IVF #1 -BFP! Allie is our 2nd IVF baby. Born at 36 1/2 weeks after pre-e again
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"