Indiana Babies
Options

ENT recommendations?

Poor little buddy has another double EI - this makes #5 (the 4th since September.)  This wins us a trip to an ENT.  The nurse practioner we saw today wasn't very helpful with who to go to.  I'm planning to call back on Monday, but thought I'd see if you all had any recommendations. 
image Laura & Jason Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: ENT recommendations?

• Options

:( I'm sorry!!!!

We really loved Dr. Hamaker! ("Haymaker" pronounciation)

• Options
    Kathy, I should have listened to you a few weeks ago and gone ahead and booked it!
    image Laura & Jason Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We saw Dr. Trigg in the same office as Kathy's doctor. I think all of them are good and if you want to get in fast, I'd just go with the first available :)

Also be prepared, ear tube surgery is crazy $$. Over $6,000 for a 10 minute procedure! Nuts!  

• Options

imagelafelts80:
    Kathy, I should have listened to you a few weeks ago and gone ahead and booked it!

LOL!  I was hitting myself too - - but you don't know that you're ready until you're ready!

• Options
    imagekelclay724:

We saw Dr. Trigg in the same office as Kathy's doctor. I think all of them are good and if you want to get in fast, I'd just go with the first available :)

Also be prepared, ear tube surgery is crazy $$. Over $6,000 for a 10 minute procedure! Nuts!  

My friend is a pedi and she said they are all really, really good.  I think some people aren't a huge fan of Trigg's bedside manner, but my friend said he's arguably the most talented surgeon in the office.  So I wish I would have gone with the first available, like Kelli said, but I did really love Hamaker. 

I know - Andrew's was 10k and we had to pay 10% - I wasn't ready for it!

• Options

Yeah, we had to pay 10% too and I did not expect it to be that much. It's no wonder Tony says that ENTs are a lucrative and popular specialty, 10 minute procedures that you can charge $6,000.... that probably adds up and they make bank!

Dr. Trigg did seem kind of full of himself but I could care less. I mean really you go for an office visit once that lasts maybe 10 minutes tops and then they talk to you for 2 minutes before doing the actual procedure. It's not like he was delivering my baby and I had to see him for multiple appointments :)

• Options

Which NP did you see? We usually see Theresa Driskell, and she strongly recommended Dr. Miner with Otolaryngology Associates. I had actually already seen him for some stuff awhile back and a few friends got their kids' tubes from him, and they and I all like him very well. I think he really enjoys kids.

We did our surgery at Methodist since that's where our insurance was at the time, but now we're back at Community and he goes there too (North.)

I have the number somewhere, I can give it to you on sunday if you want. ;)

• Options
    imagelemen99:

:( I'm sorry!!!!

We really loved Dr. Hamaker! ("Haymaker" pronounciation)

DItto Kathy!  We saw Dr. Hamaker a couple weeks ago and she is AWESOME!!!!  Love her!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"