Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Care of your infants teeth..?

Just curious as to what you have been told (by your pedi or dentiest) about caring for your childs teeth. I haven't asked the pedi about it and it seems like I'm finding conflicting info online about it.

ETA: Also, has anyone been told about fluoride/supplements if you normally use well water or water without fluoride?

Re: Care of your infants teeth..?

• Options
    I haven't done anything yet, but I was at the pedi last monday and the said I could use a cloth or buy baby orajel toothpaste/brush. He wasn't adament about it, sort of like "yeah you could"....I know parents who don't do anything, and some that do.
  • Options

brush with toothbrush and toohpaste twice a day (flouride free baby toothpaste)

Smile

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    X has been on fluoride drops since 6 months. He just got teeth so I am trying to figure out how to brush.  I am just going to stick with water for now.  I don't really want to use flavored toothpaste so I am going to wait and talk to the dentist.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Our pedi said to take DS to the dentist at one year so we have an appt at about 13 months. They call it a fun appointment to let him get used to the equipment and take a peek in there.  He is working on his third tooth now.  I use one of those finger toothbrushes just with water when I remember, not the best at being consisent but shoot for twice a day.  He thinks its fun but now that he is getting a tooth on top the playful biting doesn't feel so playful!
    ~Mel~ Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We brush his teeth (he has 4) and gums with the baby gum brush and baby toothpaste. We try to every day but sometimes we skip a day. From what I've heard, it's more about getting them use to it. He loves it and is a good little patient.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"