3rd Trimester

Anyone feeling antisocial?

I am literally having to FORCE myself to call people back. It's like I have been robbed of my old personality!!!! Everyone is carrying on in their own worlds, with their own dramas and I cannot find the energy to care about any of it? Am I a super biiiiiiatch  or what?

Re: Anyone feeling antisocial?

• Oh it gets worse after LO arrives. Stick out tongue I HAAAATE the phone now. My mom calls me every single day now (was 1-2x a week before)... a friend of mine calls a lot now, but she's one of those people who aren't really talkative on the phone so I feel like I have to carry the convo (exhausting!). I'm even getting really bad on email now... MIL keeps emailing. I feel like I say the same things over and over again too, which might be why I hate talking to people right now.

I'm also feeling antisocial in the "screw you" kind of way... IL's live 3-4 hours away and want to spend several days here in two weeks, and there is no way in he11 I'm dealing with that. A few hours during the day, sure, but a.) not every day that week and b.) DEFINITELY not overnight! What makes this completely antisocial is that we've spent two nights at my parents' house with DD, and I still didn't really want to leave even though they only live 45 minutes away!

STM due Feb. 2017!
  • I totally know how you feel. I am trying not to make people feel like I don't want to be social but man alive all I really want to do it stay at home. My friends and my MIL know that I want to just chill at home so they keep trying to invite themselves over to "help out" with anything that needs to get done before LO gets here. I am really trying to be appreciative of all the help offers but I really just want to hibernate and enjoy the peace and quiet...Sad
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm feeling very introspective. I don't want ppl around besides DH, not interested in going out unless its for food :) 

I have baby brain, since I'm just waiting for labour. I find its hard to care what others are doing next weekend or planning for the next while. I'm quite happy nesting at home really, not grumpy. 

• I've always been like this - I hate the phone!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married 12/8/07 | Sleeve Gastrectomy 10/19/09
    BFP#1 DD born 3/9/11 | BFP#4 DD born 9/20/13
    BFP#2 6/21/12, M/C at 5w2d | BFP#3 11/27/12, M/C at 6w6d
  • I went to a bar to celebrate my friend's birthday a few weeks ago and all I wanted to do was go home. Maybe the fact I couldn't drink had me down. I think being tired all the time is making me very anti-social as well. All I want to do is relax when I am not working.
    DD1: May 2011
    DD2: February 2014

• imagefdbm:
    I totally know how you feel. I am trying not to make people feel like I don't want to be social but man alive all I really want to do it stay at home. My friends and my MIL know that I want to just chill at home so they keep trying to invite themselves over to "help out" with anything that needs to get done before LO gets here. I am really trying to be appreciative of all the help offers but I really just want to hibernate and enjoy the peace and quiet...Sad

THIS.  I feel the same exact way.

I told my hubby the other morning, that I could just lay in bed like those obese people and just have him bring me food and whatever- until the baby decides to get here.  LOL!!!  I have no desire to get up, be social, put on makeup, or do ANYTHING for that matter.  

Please baby!  Come soon!!! 

• imagemelgrady:
    I went to a bar to celebrate my friend's birthday a few weeks ago and all I wanted to do was go home. Maybe the fact I couldn't drink had me down. I think being tired all the time is making me very anti-social as well. All I want to do is relax when I am not working.

And this too.

I dread going out at night.  All I want is a margarita and my tiny body back! 

• Yes.  I actually get annoyed when my phone rings now.  I am so tired most of the time, I don't want to have to think about carrying my end of the conversation! And, generally, I'm a talker...

I went to a wedding a few weeks ago and had a terrible time.  It's not that I couldn't drink, it was HOW DRUNK everyone else was.  It was just annoying, and I felt very self-conscious for the 1 or 2 songs I actually spent on the dance floor.  I love weddings and I had never been so bored in my entire life!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagenychaos99:

imagemelgrady:
    I went to a bar to celebrate my friend's birthday a few weeks ago and all I wanted to do was go home. Maybe the fact I couldn't drink had me down. I think being tired all the time is making me very anti-social as well. All I want to do is relax when I am not working.

And this too.

I dread going out at night.  All I want is a margarita and my tiny body back! 

This.  Me too. 

• I'm glad this is not just me!  I am having to force myself to hang out with friends because I haven't seen them in like a month and a half.  I just want to hang out with my hubby and watch tv and eat.  What's more is that I am a COUNSELOR for God's sake so all I do all day is listen to people's problems.  Usually ok because it is what I have a passion for, but I wish I could just stay at home most days...

I'm just tired of being fat, sore and stressed and ready to take some time off to take care of my little boy.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes. Lately I just want to stay home. I feel bad for missing things but I just don't feel like going out and being social. Ugh... I hope I snap out of it soon!
  • Yes, I don't want to go anywhere or see/talk to anyone except for my DH.  I feel like people only try and set up coffee/lunch with me in the hopes that I'll go into labor and they can be there to see. I know it's irrational but I feel like everybody is just being nosy. I think it's partially because I'm overdue and cranky in general.  Oh well, can't be much longer now.

BabyFetus Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I definitely know how you are feeling. My best friend lives 4 hours away and i miss her like crazy, but she is a talker and when i answer that call i know it wont be a short one, so i have been ignoring some of her calls... and not just her's but everyones. i don't do it to be mean! Same with going places, BF always wants to go to friends houses and what not, and i just want to stay home. I keep getting the "stop being so lazy" line from everyone and that just makes me mad!! How can people not understand, especially when they have been pregnant before too??
  • I totally feel the same way!! I'm tired more often and it's just a lot more work to even 'get ready' to go out. And, everyone and their dramas need to realize that "hello! I'm preggo, I kinda got a lot going on myself." If that makes me a bad friend or a super biiiiiatch, then at least I'm glad I'm not the only one. =)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"