Adoption
Options

Surrogacy ?

Does anyone know what board I would go to in order to learn more about this?  One of my BFFs came over last night with her fiance and they offered for her to be a gestational surrogate for us.

We're not ready to move forward with ANYTHING yet (it's just too soon), but I am curious about adoption, surrogacy, foster, etc. and was hoping that I could find some places to lurk?

TIA.

Re: Surrogacy ?

• Options

You have an amazing friend. ?It takes someone very special to make that offer. ?What a gift!

Have you asked your OB GYN about surrogacy? ?She may be able to point you in the right direction. ?If you do find a good source, please share. ?I am strongly leaning toward adoption at this point, but surrogacy is an option for us as well.

??

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

As many people here already know, surrogacy was something DH's family really (like ridiculously) encouraged us to consider.

Before deciding on adoption, I looked into it.  I decided it just wasn't right for me.  To start with, I wouldn't use my own eggs, so we'd need donor eggs or a traditional surrogate w/DH didn't like the thought of AT ALL.   With your medical conditions, would you ise your own eggs?

Another consideration which made sense to us is that surrogacy isn't a "sure thing".  We could invest money in it and still have it fail (IVF not work or surro not able to carry baby).  It's crazy to look at the economics of it all but it was a consideration.

One other thought....had bff had a successful pregnancy?  Many RE docs shy away from using surro-moms w/no history of pregnancy. 

If you want to chat more, feel free to email me at jkendall at coh dot org.
    I signed up for a couple of yahoogroups during my decision period.  One was great....the other was more of a "wanted" ads board. 

image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ivfconnections.org has a surrogacy board that might be helpful. You need to become a memeber even to "lurk" but it is free and they don't give out your info.
  • Options
    Re the point above about investing a lot for no results, in some places (Australia for instance) it is illegal to charge fees for surrogacy or donor eggs. You get your expenses covered and that's it. I think that is really nice and altrustic. I don't know if you could visit to access this though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"