Baby Showers

Re: Clicky poll: Re Diaper Cakes

• I personally am not that big of a fan of them.  Seems like a pain to unroll all those diapers when it is time to sue them and they really aren't my style so I wouldn't leave as decoration in the nursery like some do.  I don't do them for the baby showers I throw but I have been to many that have them.
    Dx with PCOS and IR June 2009
    After two losses, third time was a charm.
    pm me for blog link
  • Nope. I also happen to think they are tacky but some people really seem to love them. It may be a regional thing.
    TTC #2
    BFP 3/28/16 (EDD 12/9/16) * Chemical pregnancy
    ME: 40 yrs.old
    DH: 41 yrs.old
    DD: 5 yrs.

• Loading the player...
  • They are NMS, BUT I wouldn't complain if I got one. Free diapers!
  • I've never even seen one in real life...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think I've only been to 1 baby shower that had a diaper cake.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• I like the idea of them, but I've never actually seen one IRL.
  • I've never been to a shower with one although I've seen them in stores.  We are cloth diapering so I really hope there isn't one at my shower because it will just be a waste of money and I really hate for people to waste their money on something I wouldn't use.
    TTC since 8/2004
    Me - DX Hashimoto's Disease, Hypothyroid, Rheumatoid Arthritis
    DH - DX Azoospermia - Sertoli Cell Syndrome
    DS-IUI #1-4 BFN IVF #1 - BFP! It's a boy!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Most baby showers ive been to had one and i loved mine. I used the rolled up diapers in my baby bag because it saved space(you can fit 20 in a gallon ziploc bag)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickersimageimageimage
  • FYI  you can do one with cloth also!
  • I had never heard of it until I met my inlaws. My circle, apparently, doesn't do them.
  • imagebekah22587@hotmail.com:
    Most baby showers ive been to had one and i loved mine. I used the rolled up diapers in my baby bag because it saved space(you can fit 20 in a gallon ziploc bag)

thats a great idea!! 

i think they're great!  i've seen them where people will stuff things in them like small shampoos and lotions, rolled up washclothes, burb clothes, onesies, and gowns.  then wrapped with receiving blankets.  adorable!

• My sister made a diaper cake for my shower.  It was really nice with lots of little toys/paci's, spoons etc.  i do not feel they are mandatory but they can be really cute.

• I had never heard of diaper cakes until my own shower. Embarrassed I thought it was the cutest thing and got a big kick out of it. But maybe because it was the first time I'd seen anything like that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"