Babies on the Brain
Options

I have an email from Nest Annie

Asking how she can help me.

This stems from the complaint I made yesterday on twitter about TK/TN/TB finding competent IT staff and fixing their "too busy" servers.

I think while I have her attention I'll make another request for page numbers at the top of posts (M).

Anyone else want me to mention anything?

Re: I have an email from Nest Annie

• Options

Make some effing adoption tickers, how hard it is to add that to the eleventy bajillion pregnancy ones? Honor all the ways families come together on this site.

Not like this a new request.

• Options
    Can you ask her why avatars and siggies won't update for some people? It shows up on my bump but not in my posts. Annoying.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I find it hilarious that they email you based on a twitter post but don't respond to pm's half the time.
    2 girls and a dog
  • Options
    Bring back the 3 day waiting period for new posters?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageheather_09_15_07:
    I find it hilarious that they email you based on a twitter post but don't respond to pm's half the time.

I know, right?  I got three freaking responses to my tweet yesterday.  From three different people who work for TK. 

Maybe if they quit trolling twitter they could get some shiit done here?

• Options

imagecaffinated_tulip:

No no no no no no. 

Fuuck TTC - I'm moving on.
    imageimageimageimage
    "It's a child, not a cheeto" Thanks mmariluh!
    "Ew. I've read all of two posts from you, and you stink like rotting garbage."
  • Options

imageheather_09_15_07:

this

TTC #1 - Cycle 29 - BFP!! 03/05/10
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Blog BFP Chart Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageMandyBrownNoser:

imagecaffinated_tulip:

No no no no no no. 

:giggles:

2 girls and a dog
  • Options

imagediana82:
    Can you ask her why avatars and siggies won't update for some people? It shows up on my bump but not in my posts. Annoying.

That's happened to me before and I've had to go in and act like I'm changing it again and submit it again (and of course wait the 10 minutes) and that usually does the trick.

Maybe even try switching stuff around (like if you have 2 pictures in your siggy, change the order of the codes) so something is different and you're not submitting the same thing over and over?

• Options

uh, didn't Nest Annie quit? I distinctly remember an "Ask me anything since it's my last day" post from her on the nest. WHO'S REALLY EMAILING YOU??? AND WHAT DO THEY WANT????

though, whoever they are, if they have the power to change anything, ditto the wait period, page numbers, and chronological birth boards. Search function. Competent IT staff. Etc. 

imageimageimage
  • Options
    imageNavyClan:

uh, didn't Nest Annie quit? I distinctly remember an "Ask me anything since it's my last day" post from her on the nest. WHO'S REALLY EMAILING YOU??? AND WHAT DO THEY WANT????

though, whoever they are, if they have the power to change anything, ditto the wait period, page numbers, and chronological birth boards. Search function. Competent IT staff. Etc. 

Huh.  You know, you're right.  I have no idea who is emailing me then.  Her email name says Anne but the body of her email says Annie.  And she requested my information from TheKnot's twitter account.  The email is from theknot.com though so maybe she's Knot Annie?

Whatever, if somebody is willing to listen I will type until my heart is content.

• Options
    imagecrownedbee:
    imageNavyClan:

Huh.  You know, you're right.  I have no idea who is emailing me then.  Her email name says Anne but the body of her email says Annie.  And she requested my information from TheKnot's twitter account.  The email is from theknot.com though so maybe she's Knot Annie?

Whatever, if somebody is willing to listen I will type until my heart is content.

Knot Annie or Not Annie! Bum bum BUUUUMMMMM

• Options

What every else has already said. The search function. I need it, badly. Also, page numbers. Ditto chronoLOGICAL order.  

I think it is freaking hysterical that they responded to your tweet. Internally they couldn't give a shat, but if this stuff becomes public they're all over it? Hysterical. 

• Options

For those of you who are asking for the search function to be fixed: I didn't mention that in my email (that I just sent).  Only because I have never been a member of a website as big as this one that had a working search function.

There is just too much database and they cant keep up with it internally.

Having said that, even if the search function worked here, I probably wouldn't use it because google's site search is so much better.  Lets say you want to find all of the posts where I mention infertility.  Go to google and type:

crownedbee infertility site:community.thebump.com

Google is your friend.

• Options
    imagecrownedbee:

Having said that, even if the search function worked here, I probably wouldn't use it because google's site search is so much better.  Lets say you want to find all of the posts where I mention infertility.  Go to google and type:

Oooooohhhh.

::kneels before CB::

Thank you.  

• Options
    imagecrownedbee:

For those of you who are asking for the search function to be fixed: I didn't mention that in my email (that I just sent).  Only because I have never been a member of a website as big as this one that had a working search function.

Google is your friend.

Ah, thank you for posting this!! I had seen it once on a post ages ago but never could find it again to get the right formatting for the search.  And who knows, it has probably come up again but I'm not on here enough to keep up with all of it.

You're my hero (er, heroine) today! Smile

EDIT - for typos... AGAIN.  Man, I suck today!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    imagecaffinated_tulip:
    imagecrownedbee:
    imageNavyClan:

Knot Annie or Not Annie! Bum bum BUUUUMMMMM

I swear, we share the SAME BRAIN!

• Options
    imagecrownedbee:

imagediana82:

That's happened to me before and I've had to go in and act like I'm changing it again and submit it again (and of course wait the 10 minutes) and that usually does the trick.

Maybe even try switching stuff around (like if you have 2 pictures in your siggy, change the order of the codes) so something is different and you're not submitting the same thing over and over?

Hmm I will try that. Thanks! 

• Options
    Knot/Nest Anni and Knot/Nest Annie are two different people, FYI.
    JHL 12/5/09 - 12/9/09
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I believe there was a Nest Anni and Nest Annie, and Anni is the one who quit. IIRC.
    2 girls and a dog
  • Options

imageMrs*MichelleB:
    By chance did you mention the symbols in SN's keeping us from accessing profiles? Thanks for all you did include. 

No, but only because my email was already a novel. If she responds, I plan to ask for a few more things.

But please know it's not just those with symbols in their screenname.  There are many people's profiles that cannot be accessed because they effed everything up when they switched the profiles.  So I will inquire about where they are on fixing this issue if I get a response.

• Options
    Someone needs to fix my profile.
  • Options
    I am on my iPad and ever since the avatars have changed, all I see are white boxes with a blue box inside. And a a question mark inside the blue box. So in other words, a lot of siggies and avatars don't even show up. Can they fix this?
    Diagnosed with Chronic Lyme Disease 2009, Finished treatment August 12. BFP 11/12. BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Wait, I thought Nest Anni left? What? Or is this a new Annie? I'm so confused
  • Options

imageSerendipitie:
    Wait, I thought Nest Anni left? What? Or is this a new Annie? I'm so confused

Sorry Dip!

*squeeze*

• Options
    CB -- maybe they should just hire you.  You seem to be fixing more issues in this thread than I've seen the bump IT dept. fix the whole time I've been here.
    My Blog: http://krate24.blogspot.com/ Heather Ann, born still on Jan. 26, 2009 at 27w2d. <a href="http://s1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa361/krate24/?action=view
  • Options

LOL, Krate.  I'm just a nerd.  Plus if they hired me then I might have to move to NY or CA and I don't want to.

imageUnwritten524:
    I am on my iPad and ever since the avatars have changed, all I see are white boxes with a blue box inside. And a a question mark inside the blue box. So in other words, a lot of siggies and avatars don't even show up. Can they fix this?

I think this is more a software incompatibility issue.  They may be using some kind of new technology to display the images that is not supported by the iPad and other mobile devices because I have this issue on my phone now, too, but not when I am on my computer.  Sorry.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"