Parenting after a Loss

WORST MORNING EVER

and it was only partly due to DS...

Jason took about an hour to go down to sleep last night (about 11:30 by the time he was out).  Then he woke up again around 12:30 but I was able to get him to sleep pretty quickly.  He woke up screaming around 3am and I couldn't get him to stop for at least 30 minutes (which is very rare for him).  Nurse him back to sleep, wakes up as soon as he hits the mattress, rinse, repeat.  I finally bring him back to bed with me around 4 and we fall asleep. 

DH's alarm goes off at 5:45 and he doesn't move.  I shove him, still nothing.  By this point Jason has woken up.  My husband is a type 1 diabetic and since he is still unresponsive I know it's more than stubborness to wake up.  I turn on the lights and try harder to wake him.  He is just barely with it so I go get a glass of juice, sit him up (literally had to pull him to a seated position) and since he couldn't figure out how to drink, I got him to drink through a straw.  Got him another glass of juice and he started talking again.  By the time he was able to test his blood sugar it was 40.  I can only imagine where it was before the juice.  So now it's 6:30 and Jason and I are wide awake.  I really hope we can go back to sleep soon because I have to work tonight (3-11:30pm).  I hate diabetes.  Please keep us in your prayers and give your healthy husband a hug.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: WORST MORNING EVER

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"