Indiana Babies
Options

-themommymonster-

imagethemommymonster:

imagejacnabe:
Welcome! Your baby boy is so, so cute!

I am also a WAHM (though very part time) and just started quilting too! Funny :)

Your little one is *darling!*

I love quilting! It is my mommy time after DS and DP(she works the 4:30AM shift) go to bed at night. I adore it. I could talk about fabric all day. Seriously. We should chat. ;)

Thank you!

Ummm, yeah. Fabric will be the death of our bank account. Unfortunately, we don't have any true fabric stores down here (I'm in the Columbus area) other than JoAnn's and the slim pickins at Hobby Lobby. Next time I go to IKEA I'm going to pick up some fun fabrics :) On the Craft board over on The Nest we're doing a ninepatch quilt along soon. You should jump in! Right now people are still collecting fabrics and cutting down 2" wide strips for strip piecing or cutting down to 2"x2" squares. I'm going to do a combo of ninepatches and plain blocks. Here are some of the fabrics I'm using:

And here is a quilt top for my little niece I'm currently working on quilting:

Are there any fabric stores in Indy you would reccomend? I'm dying to visit a REAL fabric store with designer fabric. I love fatquartershop.com but would love to see/touch the fabrics before buying.
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: -themommymonster-

• Options

::stomps feet::

i wanna learn to quilt!!!!

(that's all)

• Options

jumping in::

I love the Robert Kaufman Celebrate Seuss line! I'm planning on making a toddler quilt for my son in that line as well.  

Jac, if you ever come up to Noblesville, there is a cute shop called Always in Stitches.  We could meet up! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wow!! Impressive! That is a big ol' quilt. And I love the toddler quilt - sooo adorable.

I'm so glad you're joining up in the quilt along :) I'm so anxious to get started and to see what eeryone else chooses for fabrics. There have been a few ladies who have posted theirs but not many. You'll have to post yours once you get it.

Thanks for Google-ing the fabric store for me :) Seymour is about an hour south but we go down to Kentucky on occasion so we could always swing in. Or Grady and I coukd make an afrernoon of it and head down there!

Karla, I would love to meet up sometime! Noblesville is about an hour and fifteen minutes drive for me - yikes - but we could make it happen sometime! I don't know when you'd be free but let me know. I'm usually wide open!

Denisa - just jump in! I have only sewn a few garments in the past and it had been a while. I hopped right in and the quilt top only took a few hours to piece together. You can do it :) The cutting accurately was more difficult than the piecing, for me. I get in too big a hurry!
  • Options

There's a store I've been to on 86th called Quilts Plus. It was cute and they had the "designer" fabric there, including Moda. 

I've only made baby blankets so far although my next big project I want to do is to make a t-shirt quilt out of all of DH's old HS and college t-shirts. Have any of you ladies done that? Any tips? 

• Options
    imagekelclay724:

There's a store I've been to on 86th called Quilts Plus. It was cute and they had the "designer" fabric there, including Moda.

I've only made baby blankets so far although my next big project I want to do is to make a t-shirt quilt out of all of DH's old HS and college t-shirts. Have any of you ladies done that? Any tips?

I haven't but this is a GREAT idea - one that I'd forgotten about. We both have so many t's from back then, I'd love to do something with them. I think, since t's are usually super stretchy, you'd need to do some type of fabric stabilizer to keep the material from stretching too badly while you sew them. I bet you'd be able to find a tutorial online! I'm going to go searching :) like I need another project on the table... Haha.
  • Options
    imagekelclay724:

I haven't but this is a GREAT idea - one that I'd forgotten about. We both have so many t's from back then, I'd love to do something with them. I think, since t's are usually super stretchy, you'd need to do some type of fabric stabilizer to keep the material from stretching too badly while you sew them. I bet you'd be able to find a tutorial online! I'm going to go searching :) like I need another project on the table... Haha.
  • Options
    imagejacnabe:
    imagekelclay724:

Well whatever you find, message me on FB :). I've been casually looking on google for it but I've been putting it off. We went through and sorted all the t-shirts so I have 2 bags full of them that I plan to use, I just need to actually start it :)

• Options
    imagekelclay724:
    imagejacnabe:
    imagekelclay724:

Well whatever you find, message me on FB :). I've been casually looking on google for it but I've been putting it off. We went through and sorted all the t-shirts so I have 2 bags full of them that I plan to use, I just need to actually start it :)

That's a project I've been wanting to do for years with my sorority t-shirts.  Especially now that they don't fit anymore.  lol.

• Options
    Hi ladies! I don't post often but when I saw you were talking about quilting I wanted to give you a link to a good friend of mines blog, she's an awesome quilter (is that a word?) she will have patterns on there soon I believe and will also be opening a etsy shop. Happy quilting!! www.thescarletthreadquiltco.typepad.com
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagekelclay724:
    imagejacnabe:
    imagekelclay724:

The link to the blog i just posted has a picture of t-shirt quilt that my friend made recently maybe she could give you some advice!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"