Pre-School and Daycare
Options

Preschool parent-teacher conferences

Does anyone else have parent-teacher conferences?

Our preschool teachers are doing them this month.  I think it is a really great opportunity for me to see how DD is doing in school, since I feel so rushed during drop off and pickup (general chaos with 18 kids and their parents/guardians).  On the other hand I am a little nervous too because DD has been sooooo whiny at home, I wonder if she does the same at school!

Re: Preschool parent-teacher conferences

• Options
    We just had ours yesterday. He is doing fine socially but a little behind at learning. I know he has this problem b/c at home he is crazy active and running around all the time. I can't make him sit down and do his homework.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

My kids' preschool did them, also in late January or early February.  A good preschool teacher (or any teacher for that matter!) will comment on the students in a very factual, behavior-based manner that emphasizes what the goal is for that student's continued emotional and social growth.

FWIW, conferences for my kids always went pretty well, but the teachers always commented both on positive stuff and on stuff they'd like to work on with my kids.  So, don't worry!  It'll more than likely be a very positive experience! 

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My daycare does them every 6 months starting in the infant room.  I also love them just for the chance to get that 1:1 with the teachers in a non-rushed environment when other parents are not around.  I always talk to the teachers at drop off/pick up but since my DH and I take turns doing it, I don't see the teachers everyday and depending on the teachers schedules, I don't always see the lead teacher.  As the kids get older, they save samples of things they have done, pictures that they take and also do a little scorecard type of thing that tells me where they are and what they are working on.  We get to take that folder home with us when they leave the center so its a great thing to have for my kids to look at some day. 
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • Options

I'm a preschool teacher.   I'm the special ed teacher/consultant in 4 preschool classes(the district I teach in has a full day 3 and 4 year program for all students in the district) 

Tonight is actually day 2 of conferences for us.   We go over each child's progress report with the parents, discuss strengths and weaknesses, and discuss what each child needs to work on.   We give the parents suggestions and activities to work on at home.   Of course, we answer/address any questions/concerns that the parents might have.  

I enjoy conferences.   And as a teacher, I get just as nervous about them as the parents do!    

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We have our 2nd one this Friday.  DD's school has them 3 times a year so we'll have one more before school is over.  Last one went very well; expecting the same thing this time around.  
  • Options
    Our DD had her's in Jan (we have 1 each year). We mainly talked about how she is doing as far as preparing for kindergarten testing. We asked her social interactions with the other kids. We found out she is doing fine with what she is learning this year, does not know alot about what she will learn next year (which makes sense, but we are going to work on these things at home), but she can actually write her own name (which she has not learned in school yet). Me and my DH think it is from having her sign a gazillon Christmas cards and having a short name, hehe
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"