August 2011 Moms

uterus sitting on my bladder?!

So for the past week or so, I pretty much have to go to the bathroom every 5 minutes and about 2 tbsp's of urine come out! It is getting very frustrating!  I know it is not a UTI, I was tested for it on Tuesday at the Dr's.  I thought this was WAY to early for the uterus to be pushing on my bladder...??! Is anyone else having this problem?!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: uterus sitting on my bladder?!

• Me!! Just recently my peeing frequency has picked up. It sucks because I need to drive from Maryland to Colorado next week. At least my hubby has a small bladder anyway, so we always stop a lot for him!
  • I was literally JUST about to post this! I don't have to pee much more frequently than normal (I've always been a frequent pee-er), but when I do pee, it kind of dribbles out instead of coming out in a forceful stream like normal. It's worse at night, but it is so annoying because it takes so much longer to empty my bladder than normal! 

I was also worried about a UTI, but I don't have any other symptoms (and I'm pretty familiar with the dreaded UTI symptoms). I thought it was too early for my uterus to be impacting my bladder, so I'm glad to hear that others are experiencing this too! 

• Loading the player...
  • yes... I've always been more of a frequent pee-er as well but its been way more lately haha. Yesterday I swear I peed a good 20 or so times just at work. I left an hour early and I peed a good 3 times before I left and I still felt like I was going to pee myself by the time i got to my ultrasound haha. 
  • I have the same exact thing.  I had an OB appointment earlier this week, and I also asked them to test me for a UTI.  Of course, I don't have one.  I constantly feel the need to go, but there's not much there.

I didn't have this with DD, the baby must be in a different place this time around.

• This was me  a few wees ago and it got much worse at night.  Thankfully, it has tapered off a bit.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Me (33) DH (32) WFHM * Coffee & Beach Addict *Running is my Paxil*
  • imageolivia_eve:

I have the same exact thing.  I had an OB appointment earlier this week, and I also asked them to test me for a UTI.  Of course, I don't have one.  I constantly feel the need to go, but there's not much there.

I didn't have this with DD, the baby must be in a different place this time around.

This is how I feel too.  

• imageTanyaKM:

I was literally JUST about to post this! I don't have to pee much more frequently than normal (I've always been a frequent pee-er), but when I do pee, it kind of dribbles out instead of coming out in a forceful stream like normal. It's worse at night, but it is so annoying because it takes so much longer to empty my bladder than normal! 

I was also worried about a UTI, but I don't have any other symptoms (and I'm pretty familiar with the dreaded UTI symptoms). I thought it was too early for my uterus to be impacting my bladder, so I'm glad to hear that others are experiencing this too! 

This is my situation exactly, except that I do have to pee more frequently. It just takes much longer now, which is something I DON'T want when I'm having to get up 3/4 times a night!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Totally normal!  Increased frequency of urination is a very normal pregnancy symptom.  Your uterus starts growing immediately when that egg implants and your bladder feels the brunt of it.  I hate to say this, but it gets worse lol.
  • You ladies need to try the "pee with your boobs on your knees" trick that the girls on my local board taught me.  Just lean over and it will all come out much better - sounds crazy, but it works!
  • Yes, I have been experiencing the same things lately.  I also wondered about UTI but no other symptoms.  For me though, it seems like it will change depending on what I have been doing that day.  Sometimes I pee 20x a day with dribbles and then in the evening full stream, maybe it has some to do with where the baby is laying at the time.
  • imagemrsdrmorgan:
    You ladies need to try the "pee with your boobs on your knees" trick that the girls on my local board taught me.  Just lean over and it will all come out much better - sounds crazy, but it works!

Will you be my best friend?  I just tried this trick and it really does work!

• imagemrsdrmorgan:
    You ladies need to try the "pee with your boobs on your knees" trick that the girls on my local board taught me.  Just lean over and it will all come out much better - sounds crazy, but it works!

Holy crap, I'm going to love you forever if this works. I'm going to try it tonight because the "dribbling" is at its worst when I get up in the middle of the night. 

• Ugh, same here! The other night, I had to go so bad, went and, I swear, 5 minutes later I had to be so bad I had to run to the bathroom! It is insane! Then it was full on gotta go but all day today I am feeling like I have to go and then... nada mucho. Lame!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"