January 2011 Moms

Similac delivered in the mail w/out ordering it

Did anyone else get packages of Similac delivered in the mail without ordering it? It kinda freaks me out, I haven't used it yet. I don't know if I should trust something sent to me in the mail randomly. Of course I may have signed up for something and around DS's due date it was mailed but it's still odd to me. I don't know if I'm being paranoid about anthrax being in it lol
Jackson W. Holler born 12/9/10 at 7:52 a.m. He is my little miracle baby!! pPROM'ed at 23w1d and delivered at 34w Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Similac delivered in the mail w/out ordering it

• I've gotten several unsolicited canisters of formula in the mail.  As with all of the other baby *stuff* that I get, I'm sure my name was added to some mailing list at some point along the way.  I wouldn't worry about it.  It's just their way of advertising. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    imageimage
    blog : us doing things
    | married : 08.06.05 | sweet isla mae arrived : 01.15.11 |
  • I got Similac in the mail, too.  My plan was to EBF, but I had some trouble in the beginning and had to resort to formula.  DH and I decided to use the formula sent to us after asking our pediatrician what formula he recommended and he said "Whatever's cheapest."  What's cheaper than free, right?  Anyway, I can't vouch for your free formula, but our free formula was anthrax-free. Wink
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I got it too.  I signed up for Similac when I got PG. They send you samples hoping you will use their product.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • I got 2 free canisters of Similac from The Bump addressed to Broc Blank so far.  I've never given this website my personal information, though I did on another SN for my sub to The Nest magazine (where my name is Firstname Yourmom).

I'd suggest that you start signing up for things like this if you're getting paranoid, so you can see that and remember where you signed up with that name.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hey! I got this today too! (And I'm in Canada) Don't remember signing up for similac...but with all of the websites etc, I'm sure I did! I signed up for all of the other ones. lol
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagecalstoncallie:
    I got Similac in the mail, too.  My plan was to EBF, but I had some trouble in the beginning and had to resort to formula.  DH and I decided to use the formula sent to us after asking our pediatrician what formula he recommended and he said "Whatever's cheapest."  What's cheaper than free, right?  Anyway, I can't vouch for your free formula, but our free formula was anthrax-free. Wink

This. 

• I got them from Enfamil and Simliac with DD, I havent gotten any this pregnancy yet, but I think they are just trying to get your brand loyalty with the new LO on the way.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Got both Similac and Enfamil.  From what I remember one of the maternity clothing stores signs you up for Similac if you buy clothes there. 

I signed up for Enfamil on their website.

• I got this with DD two years ago.  I posted an ad on freecycle and got rid of it immediately.  This is exactly how formula companies undermine breastfeeding, by making it 'easy` to switch to formula.  It's insidious and underhanded marketing, IMO.
  • imageredhead2466:
    I got this with DD two years ago.  I posted an ad on freecycle and got rid of it immediately.  This is exactly how formula companies undermine breastfeeding, by making it 'easy` to switch to formula.  It's insidious and underhanded marketing, IMO.

Thank you! Insidious and underhanded were the exact words I was looking for.

Why did the "for breastfeeding moms" package I received at the OB's office contain a tiny pamphlet on breastfeeding and a bunch of formula samples? And why did coupons for formula print out at the store when I bought my pump? Way to make me feel like I was bound to fail.

Obnoxious. If I wanted free formula samples or coupons I would have signed up for them.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageredhead2466:
    I got this with DD two years ago.  I posted an ad on freecycle and got rid of it immediately.  This is exactly how formula companies undermine breastfeeding, by making it 'easy` to switch to formula.  It's insidious and underhanded marketing, IMO.

I never thought of it that way. It is pretty hypocritical :-/

Jackson W. Holler born 12/9/10 at 7:52 a.m. He is my little miracle baby!! pPROM'ed at 23w1d and delivered at 34w Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I donate the ones I get in the mail to the food bank.  Just a thought for those who don't want the freebies.  :)
  • With my first we got a 2 pack of Similac and Isomil.  Didn't get any this time though!  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"