Los Angeles Babies

XP: HOTELS NEAR DISNEYLAND

Can anyone recommend a family friendly hotel within walking distance to Disneyland? My husband and I will be staying there with my 2 1/2 y.o. (at the time) DS. The Disney-owned hotels seems pretty pricey and I would prefer to stay under $200/night.  

TIA!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: XP: HOTELS NEAR DISNEYLAND

• We enjoy staying at the HoJos (Howard Johnsons) ... right across the street from the park on Harbor. En route you will pass a Mimi's., Millie's and McDonalds.

It is actually closer to the front gate than the Paradise Pier or Disneyland Hotel.

Adam & Shoshie 10-21-07: "My family is big and loud and everybody's in each other's lives and business. ... but wherever I go, they will always be there." * My Blog: Tales of a Hopeful Jewish Mom to Be * BabyFruit Ticker
  • I second the Hojos. We love it. The hotel is inexpensive and very clean. The pool area is wonderful! There is a pirate ship water play area that is great for kids. We have stayed in a lot of more expensive hotels around Disneyland and we really love Hojos. It is a 5 minute walk to Disneyland, really easy to go back for a break with a LO.
  • Loading the player...
  • DH & I love the Anabella Hotel on Katella Ave! It's a short walk to the front gate on Harbor, and also if you go through the Grand Californian on West St which takes you to Downtown Disney. It doesn't seem like it at first because it's one of the nicer looking hotels, but it is extremely kid-friendly, and we have always found great deals there. The only things we didn't like about it was having to pay for parking, and when you don't have kids, hearing everyone else's kids in the morning when you're a newlywed & like your mornings with your husband can be a little annoying (but find a hotel near Disney where you won't have that issue!). Aside from that we love it and go back frequently.

The hotels on Convention way are nice (especially the Marriott) but they are NOT a short walk! The Portofino is nice as well, but it's not close either. 

We stayed at the Hotel Menage last time because we had a large group with us... they claim to be a short walk from the park, but they are not! And the freeways are too loud there. 

The Fairfield is great as well, but the last 3 years we have noticed that the cost to stay there has doubled, and it's not THAT nice for the price.

Avoid the: ramada main gate, anaheim plaza, castle inn, & eden roc.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"