Baby Showers

Mad Hatter/Tea Party Theme Ideas!

Hi everyone, I'm helping throw a shower for my sister in March. We are thinking of going with a tea party theme. The shower will be co-ed, so I'm kinda worried about the guys.. We will be holding it at a restaurant and serving light appetizer foods. This is my inspiration: https://www.designmom.com/2010/09/mad-hatter-baby-shower/    Does anyone have any other ideas?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Mad Hatter/Tea Party Theme Ideas!

• I don't have anything to add, but I have to say that I LOVE this idea.  The pictures are too cute.  When you said Mad Hatter I thought way gaudier, but this looks really elegant.
  • My mom threw my cousin a mad hatter shower a year ago. We all had to wear hats to the party. They had it set up as one really long table with all different kinds of tea cups. And we ate little tea sandwishes and they had a ton of different cupcakes, different sizes and different kids. It was very cute and elegant.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Those pictures are really cute and I could see this working with all women, but I can't see men enjoying it.  Does it even work with the restaurant's decor?  The successful co-ed showers that I have been to didn't even really feel like showers, just more like nice parties.  I hate to be a killjoy, but I would scrap the "theme" idea for a co-ed shower and just focus on having good food and a non-totally girly atmosphere.
  • For my bridal shower we did a tea party and the favors were little tea cups & saucers filled with tea bags, two chocolates, etc.

They were beautiful and all found at flea markets, etc. so everyone got to pick their unique cup. To make it more masculine...I suppose you could do the tea cup and either fill it with chocolates, or for the boys...maybe even put a mini bottle of liquor in it?

• This is the Mad Hatter tea party I hosted for my friend last summer.  I agree with another pp who said you may want to forgo a theme (aside from color themes) if it's going to be co-ed.  Tea parties are seen as way too girly and I can't think of a way to make it completely co-ed.  But if you do plan on going this route I hope this pictures help!

https://tinyurl.com/2cja2nm

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks everyone for your ideas, suggestions, and links! I should add that I'm using the word "theme" lightly; we aren't going to be drinking tea and eating crumpets or anything like that, it's more just an overall feel, like a fun upscale party, not your typical pink-everything baby shower. (I don't like anything that is too theme-e anyway, because it's usually overkill).  The tea party feel kind of goes along with the baby's room decor so I figure my sister can use any leftover decor items if she would like.I don't think most guys would be comfortable with co-ed showers, unless it's a bbq, but we aren't going to be playing games or doing anything extra girly so they should be ok!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"