South Florida Babies

My wreck of a weekend...with a moral

This weekend DH, MIL, Lynda, and I were heading up to Gainesville for homecoming.  MIL was coming to watch Lynda while we were at the game.  Friday night we get up there and go to eat dinner downtown and pulled up to the valet stand to park the car.  DH drove, I was in front passenger seat with Lynda behind me.  We get out of the car, I open her door, I unhook the car seat out of the base and the valet driver starts to drive - onto my foot (with the SUV).  We scream...I cry...we yell stop, he stops right on my foot... we yell go... he takes a few seconds to realize what happened and then starts to go again.  Lynda was already unlatched (but still strapped into the car seat) and fell out of the car.  Josh got to her in less than a second.  She is fine - not a scratch, not a worry.  I was scared out of my mind.  EMS and Police came and checked us out.  Lynda was fine.  I had to go to the ER to get my foot x-rayed.  Longest night of my life.  We checked into the ER at 7:45PM and checked out about 8:15AM.  We waited 12 hours before we were seen.  (the joys of going to a level 1 trauma center and it being homecoming weekend) Turns out it is not broken but badly bruised.  I'm on cruches....the pain sucks but this is nothing compared to the c/s. 

I missed the game but forced Josh to take his mom.  They had a blast.  We salvaged the weekend by meeting up with friends on Saturday night and came home today. 

Moral of the story:  Never leave the car running when dropping your car at a valet stand.  Always take the keys out and hand them to the attendant when everyone has everything out of the car.  I have no idea how or why he started to go with a car door open, but it happened and I would hate for this to happen to anyone else. 

imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: My wreck of a weekend...with a moral

• what a weekend!!! Glad to hear everyone is ok!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • OMG!  I'm in pain for you!  What a story, I can't believe you went through that!  I'm so glad your foot isn't broken and I can't believe you were in the ER so long (that's really horrible!).  Hope your foot is better soon!
  • Loading the player...
  • OMG wtf,  seriously?  i hope you went back there and gave him hell for it!!  that's ridiculous!!  i'm glad you're ok, though... hope you heal quickly :)
  • Holy crap!

I'm so glad to hear everyone's okay -- I'm am stunned at the valet's actions!  What a crazy weekend...wish I could've gone to G'ville this weekend!  The weather was kinda dreary down here!

Did the restaurant owner ever come speak to you or anything? 

• Oh my goodness! That's horrible!!! I'm so glad your foot isn't broken but it sounds like it is super painful right now. I hope you can heal up quickly.
     BabyFruit Ticker
  • that is crazy Rach!  I'm glad all is well with Lynda....you take it easy on that foot!

Photo courtesy of www.yaporiginals.com
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    It's Beshert
  • omg! what? that's horrible. so glad that in the end you and lynda are okay.  but what a bummer! you missed a fun game.
  • OMG...I'm glad you and Lynda are okay but that is a crazy weekend :(
  • OMG... I can't believe that actually happened to you!!

I am very glad that your foot isn't broken - it's incredible that you made it out just bruised. And of course, happy that Lynda is just fine.

I'm sorry you had to miss the game but at least you got to see some friends. Let me know if you need anything!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: SIREN.ORG!

• Oh my goodness!!!! What a story! Thank goodness Lynda is okay! I totally freaked when I read the part about her falling. I am glad your foot is okay too. I am going to keep your story in mind when we valet with the baby!

• so sorry!  glad you are all ok!
  • oh no :( i will remember to shut the car off from now on. I hope you feel better soon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"