South Florida Babies

Ex-breastfeeders re: pumps

I am done with my breast pump - forever.  I am not sure what to do with it and was wondering what others did (if any one has been in this position).  I'm not looking to make money or anything, but it seems like such a waste to toss it since it was pricey.  I don't know if you can donate them to a shelter or if I could/should offer it to someone.  I know it seems a little weird to use someone else's pump but if they bought the replacement shields and such it would be just like new (and really cheap).  It's not like the actual machine comes in contact with anything. 

What are your thoughts or what did you do?

Re: Ex-breastfeeders re: pumps

• Hey Dawn, what pump is it? I'm going to try this time around to breast feed, but was holding off on getting a pump until I knew if it was going to work out or not. I know for the Medela brands, they sell accessory kits, so using a used pump wouldnt be too much of a concern.

How are you and the family? I check your blog for updates all the time, congrats on the famous boy!!!! And Kate is just too precious for words, I see her and Noah starting to resemble each other alot!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • LOL I know nothing about pumps - just wanted to leave a comment that I love the knitted pumpkin hat!
  • Loading the player...
  • Dawn,

My pump was a hand-me-down, and I'm not quite done with it, since I plan to use it for the next kid as well.  Not sure yet what I plan to do with it, but I agree with you (obviously) that it's okay to use someone else's pump (mine was my SIL's), especially considering that they are not in contact with anything (and the cost is something to consider, too).

Anyhow, no real answers for you.

Tania

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"