March 2011 Moms

36 Weeks + Steam Cleaning the floor =...

One mama-to-be that is hurting today!! Yikes!

The worst part is that while I was cleaning, I kept thinking to myself, "I am going to pay for this" but I couldn't stop...and I must say...the kitchen and diningroom DO look spectacular!

But good lord...OUCH!

Re: 36 Weeks + Steam Cleaning the floor =...

• If you don't mind my asking, which steam cleaner do you use? I've been researching like crazy and I have it narrowed down to the Haan and the Eureka EnviroSteamer.

Sorry about the soreness! Maybe a warm bath?

• Don't you love it when you know you are going to pay, but you can't stop! It's almost like you get OCD or something.  My DH keeps asking me why I do this to myself and I tell  him that the end product, a sparkling clean house, is so worth it lol. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • This is the one we have. I like it because it is super lightweight and steams pretty much as soon as you plug it in. Our entire house is either hardwood or ceramic tile, so I needed something easy to maneuver. It works great and I really like it!

https://www.sharkclean.com/Shark-S3101-Steam-Mop/

To be honest I didn't really shop around...ours was a gift from my mom who also has the same one and really likes it.

• Haha - I was sore this weekend after opening gifts from my baby shower! I can't imagine doing manual labor!!!

• Thanks! We have the hardwood/ceramic tile combo, too, and up until now we've been using the Hoover Floormate but a steamer seems SO much easier!
  • imageanglndsguse44:
    Haha - I was sore this weekend after opening gifts from my baby shower! I can't imagine doing manual labor!!!

Hahahaha too funny! I LOVE it!

I saw that you had a great shower!! Are you all set for LO now?

• LOL you should know better!!!

Similar thing happened to me this weekend. On Saturday I cleaned the house since DH was having guys over for a Superbowl party (after my baby shower). I know it's a bunch of guys and they don't care about how clean my house is, but I still had to do it! So I dusted, swept the floors, vacuumed, and washed the floors. As I was washing the kitchen floors, I noticed the grout in between some of the tiles in the higher traffic areas looked dingy and gross, so I brought out a scrubber and was down on all fours scrubbing grout! LOL

I will admit I paid for it afterwards. I was sore. And my crotch hurt. Silly me!

BabyFruit Ticker

Married 8 years - Aug 23/08
    DD - 6 years old, March 17/11
    #2 due July 19th! (It's a boy!)
  • imagejkyle:

imageanglndsguse44:
    Haha - I was sore this weekend after opening gifts from my baby shower! I can't imagine doing manual labor!!!

Hahahaha too funny! I LOVE it!

I saw that you had a great shower!! Are you all set for LO now?

We are getting there. Most of the big stuff has been purchased. We still need our swing, monitor and glider, so DH and I plan on going out this weekend to get those things. Other than that, I think we are ready to have a baby!! It makes it feel more "real" when you actually have baby stuff at your house :)

• imagejkyle:

This is the one we have. I like it because it is super lightweight and steams pretty much as soon as you plug it in. Our entire house is either hardwood or ceramic tile, so I needed something easy to maneuver. It works great and I really like it!

https://www.sharkclean.com/Shark-S3101-Steam-Mop/

To be honest I didn't really shop around...ours was a gift from my mom who also has the same one and really likes it.

I have the same one! The only tile we have is in our kitchen and bathroom so I don't use it as much as I'd like but I read in the manual that it can be used to steam clean carpet...so I may try that soon. 

Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I understand  completely! On Saturday my MIL took DD for the day. I knew this was my one good shot to get the major cleaning done befor ebaby so I cleaned ALL day.

DH had planned to take me out to dinner before picking DD up so I took a shower at 5 and when I went to get out all the cleaning hit me like a ton of bricks I couldn't move and started crying because I was so torn between going out to eat a going to sleep! LOL

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"