3rd Trimester
Options

? About baby dropping

Ok this might be a silly question but I honestly don't know...when the baby "drops" is it something that happens over time (few days/weeks) or do you just notice it one day? I think it's too early for her to drop, but my bump is noticeably smaller, and my pants won't stay up! I know she's ok, been feeling movement all day, so not worried about that. When is it normal for her to drop?
image April 2, 2011 Exclusive Pumping Facebook Group http://www.facebook.com/groups/113592028761826/ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: ? About baby dropping

• Options
    I'm jealous, this lil' girl refuses to leave my rib cage.  Oh how I miss breathing! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I noticed it a little one day, and a little more the next and after a week there has been a definite change. I don't feel her up in my ribs so much as I feel her kicking my waist and above my belly button. Lots of pressure down low, and I can breathe easier. I've also noticed the shape/placement of my belly change. I can't see the top of my belly button when I look down at it anymore. When I look at it in the mirror it's almost like it's pointing down. lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

just one day. 

My pelvic bone hurts so much I can barley move my legs without agonizing pain. It hurts as bad as when I bruised my tailbone. He is now sitting VERY low in my pelvic bone, but my ribs don't hurt as much. 

• Options

One day thing for me too.  I happen to notice my bump was lower one morning while getting ready for work.  

At my next check-up, doc said his head is completely engaged and the only thing he can feel from the outside when he pinches towards the bottom of my tummy is G's shoulders.  I'm hoping this means he's coming sooner, rather than later.  I'm ready whenever he is.

My ribs don't hurt anymore but the pelvic pain is getting unbearable. :( 

(c) Holly Aprecio Photography - Oct 2011

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I feel pressure on in my pelvic area. Especially when I stand or walk. I wish my water would break already.. but that is wishful thinking. she has grown so much these past two weeks. I don't know if I can survuve! good luck! I hope you get some relief:)
  • Options
    I believe Madison has dropped over the last couple weeks with time not in one day.  I still have foot kicks on my ribs but since apx 36 weeks my breathing is getting better.  Now at 37 1/2 weeks I am fine when I sit but w/walking I have tons of pressure in the girly area.  I also notice the hiccups seem to be right next to my pelvic bone vs up a little higher.  Weeks 32-36 sucked w/breathing problems, sitting straight up sometimes in bed because I felt I couldn't breath. 
    2nd EDD 02/01/13 - MC 5 1/2 weeks 6/5/12. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I didn't drop with Drew until I was in labor.  So I guess that means it happened all in one day. :-)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My DD dropped early one day at around 32-33wks and stayed there till she came at 39wks. I had so much pressure between my legs that I would almost cry every morning when I got up from bed. I felt like I was carrying a bowling ball on a piece of tissue for weeks (attached to my body).
    Photobucket
    aCg 3.1.07 | hCr 5.5.11
  • Options

imagelovesBup:
    I noticed it a little one day, and a little more the next and after a week there has been a definite change. I don't feel her up in my ribs so much as I feel her kicking my waist and above my belly button. Lots of pressure down low, and I can breathe easier. I've also noticed the shape/placement of my belly change. I can't see the top of my belly button when I look down at it anymore. When I look at it in the mirror it's almost like it's pointing down. lol

This. And the part about the belly button pointing down. And now my maternity tank tops let the bottom of my belly hang out. Sexy. Plus the increased bladder pressure was a giveaway - worsens when go from sitting to standing.  

• Options
    I thought it happened to me around 37 weeks, but at my 39/40 week appointment, the Dr said she thought it had just happened based on my measurements- the belly got smaller between week 38 and 39 than it had been at my 38 week appointment... I can breath a little better but still feel like everything is squished inside me when I try to roll over at night.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"