Two Under 2

2 under 1 (just about) stroller question!!

So- which do I want?  A stroller that is side by side or one long one?  I don't have any ideas on this and none of my friends had kids this close together.  DD will be 12 months when #2 arrives.  She is already crawling and standing up holding on to things- and she walks holding on to things, so I would be surprised if she wasn't walking already but I just think a sit and stand won't really work for things like the zoo or amusement parks or whatever. 

But I don't know the advantages of a side by side or a long double (not sure what they are called)...

Also- any other thoughts on things I need?  here is my list:

Another crib
A convertible carseat for DD
Another crib mattress
Bedding

Other than that if we have a boy I will get clothes, but I don't really know what else I will need that I don't already have!

image Momma to Ms. C age 16 months and Mr. C age 3 months!

Re: 2 under 1 (just about) stroller question!!

• I chose a side-by-side all terrain stroller (it's called a Phil&Teds E3 twin, but you can only find them online because they are no longer in production).  I got a great deal on it, it turns on a dime and has a smooth ride (because it has rubber wheels - like a bicycle).  It only weighs 33 lbs, which is reasonable in the world of double strollers, and it fits through all doors. I'm so happy I chose a side-by-side instead of a tandem. Someone gave us a used tandem as a gift, and I hate it.  It is so long and heavy, and takes up my entire trunk.  If you have the $ to spend and want a tandem, you'd probably want to go with something like a BJ City Select.  

As far as the rest of your list goes, that's about all of the big items we bought.  You may want to tack on other little things like another hamper, white noise machines (trust me, you'll need them), etc.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have the BJ city and it's great (I don't have 2 u1 but my toddler didn't walk until DD#2 was a month old so I dealt with a non walker).  The great part is the front seat isn't a mile away (originally had the kolcraft and it was bad) and it can be a single or a double.  Didn't realize how nice that would be until I was switching a single and double in and out of the car depending on where I was going.
  • Loading the player...
  • You'll definitely need a double stroller with a 12 mo old, even if she is walking.  But it's really hard to recommend a stroller without knowing how you'll use it.  E.g., do you need something all terrain to go through parks and over rough curbs, do you need something compact to get through shops and on skinny sidewalks, will you use it to go to the park and the zoo where there's plenty of space, will you keep it in your car so need easy open/fold, will you keep it in your garage where there's room for a big one, etc.?  Then you can start narrowing down what you want/need and start test-driving.

Otherwise, I think your list is complete - I bought next to nothing for my 2nd!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'll be using for parks, zoo, mall and shopping.  Other than that we don't really do much that would require all terrain.  I will probably keep it stored in my car like I do with hers now- I have a volvo xc90 so trunk space isn't a real issue.

This is the only thing I feel in over my head about!

image Momma to Ms. C age 16 months and Mr. C age 3 months!
  • We have the combi twin sport and I really like it. It's a side by side one but fits really well through all doorways. Its definitely not an all terrain stroller but does just fine for shopping trips, trips to the zoo, etc. It folds up really quickly and compact which is probably my favorite feature.
  • We have the Chicco double stroller.  However, we don't use it much.  I rarely venture out of the house alone with the girls, and if I do, its to Target, so I just use a shopping cart.
    Tori 10.10.09 / Callie 9.14.10 / Callie's Epilespy Journey
  • It's such an overwhelming decision, I know.  I agonized.  If I were you, I'd go to a good baby store where they have a  lot of different doubles models and just take a look.  That will really help you decide.  We have a BJ City Select.  I don't love it :(  Honestly, I would have preferred an SBS, but I needed a narrow wheelbase because I live in a city where there isn't much room in store aisles, etc.

Other than the stroller, crib and second car seat, we didn't buy any extra gear.  Eventually we'll need a second high chair, but we held off on that for now.

Traveling the world with my girls - born 12 months and 18 days apart.
    <a href="http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y161/putalittlepolkainyourdot/?action=view
  • My 2nd LO isn't here yet, but I got a Graco DuoGlider (dual in front of each other) on Ebay. I figured if my second son is like the first he will not be in his infant seat too long.  I can use my car seat in the stroller and when he is grown out of it, I will get a side by side. I haven't bought much of anything else, besides a new crib and that stroller. We will probably get a booster for our first son (he's over 25lbs. at 12 mo.) so our high chair can be used by the infant when he is ready. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"