Preemies
Options

Those who were on hospital bedrest...

Who handled/managed your care? Was your OB involved or was it more residents and hospitalists?

We are almost certain we will be transferring care to a different hospital and our OB doesn't practice there...so I am just trying to figure out if I need to find an OB that does have privledges (which I assume I do) or will they assign us to someone...

We have an appt with the Center for Fetal Care and the Peri at the new hospital tomorrow.

TTC #1 since 4/2007... MFI (low motility/low Testosterone) & PCOS IVF #1 August 2010...BFP 1st sono shows TWINS!!!! Due May 23rd 2011 Ruptured @ 21 weeks (Jan 13) Delivered 26 weekers (Blake and Addison) on Valentine's Day... Keeping faith and praying, God has a plan and we just have to learn to follow. Our Blog ... ourvalentinesdaysurprise.blogspot.com Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Those who were on hospital bedrest...

• Options
    We were kind of in a unique situation in that we were 7 hours from home when I was admitted to the hospital. So I was of course, assigned an OB and eventually a Peri. If you are transferring to a different hospital for inpatient care I would assume they would assign you a doc unless you had already researched and had a prefrence.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I had to be transferred to a hospital where my OB didn't have privileges.  From that point on, she was out of the picture.  They just assigned me to a high risk OB at that hospital and then a parade of people marched in and out of my room every day I was on bedrest (different residents, interns, nurse practitioners, students, etc.).  I didn't know who would be delivering my baby-- it all depended on who was on duty at the time. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My OB/GYN is in a group practice in the building next door to the hospital I was in, and my Peri was in a group practice whose office was actually in the hospital I was in.  I saw someone from my OB's practice every day, and someone from my Peri's practice every day.  If at all possible, final decisions regarding my care were made by my OB herself.
    After 20 months TTC with PCOS, we were blessed with twins!
    They arrived at 36 weeks after PTL and bedrest for 14 weeks. Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    imageimage
  • Options
    My OB or his midwife was responsible for my care, the nurses did their thing as per the OB's orders. He was there every day excepting one weekend when he was out of town and another OB covered for him.
  • Options
    I was sent from the hospital I my ob has privileges at ton the one I eventually delivered at. I was lucky that my ob knew one of the mfms so I was assigned to him and he kept my ob in the loop although he made my care decisions. Good luck with your decision and GED rest, it's tough but even if it buys you a day it's worth it!
  • Options
    I went to the ER in labor at the hospital my OB has privileges at and when the only thing that would stop my contractions was mag sulfate i was transfered to a hospital in a different town because it has a NICU. That is when the care with my OB ended until my check-ups after delivery. I spent 3days in the hospital on bed rest before she was born and i was in the care of the OB and peri that were on call at that hospital when i arrived there.
    Thing 1 = April 2008, 38weeks 8lbs 7oz 19in
    Thing 2 = May 2009, Stillborn 33weeks 4lbs 9oz 18in
    Thing 3 = October 2010, 27weeks 4days 2lbs 4oz 14.25in

• Options
    I was transferred to the nearest hospital that had a Neonatal Unit, which was about 65 miles away. My OB transferred me there and once I got there I was assigned a Perinatologist. I did see a few residents while I was there though, and they were all great!
  • Options
    It was my OB and his practice that handled my care.
    imageDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers imageimageimage
  • Options
    I was on 26 days of hospital bedrest (followed by 10 days at home before rushing back to hospital).  There are 3 docs in my OB practice and one of them checked on me every morning,  They made the decisions for me and consulted with the peri on many occassions.  Sometimes on the weekend there would be another doctor if mine were not on call.  I also had a resident that checked on me daily at the crack of dawn.
  • Options
    Someone from my OB's office came and saw me every day-sometimes more than once.  Someone from the high risk OB's office came just about every day.  There were a ton of nurses in and out.  Ultimately, an OB from my OB's office delivered her. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"