Florida Babies

Headaches During Pregnancy

Did anyone else get horrible headaches during their pregnancy?

I used to get menstrual related migraines before I got pregnant and now it seems like I have had a headache everyday this week!

I dont want to take anything for them but sometimes I break down and take a tylenol or two.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Headaches During Pregnancy

• I also get menstrual migraines and had really bad headaches while pregnant.  I couldn't take tylenol because it makes me sick so I would drink a glass or two of water and lay down in a dark room for a few minutes if possible.  They seemed to get better during 2nd tri and the beggining of 3rd tri.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • My OB said Tylenol and caffeine...my personal recomendation is to pamper yourself and break down and get yourself a neck and shoulders massage every now and then to help them subside.
  • Loading the player...
  • My headaches were horrible at the beginning of my pregnancy. Try drinking more water.... sometimes that helped for me.
    Dating 7/25/03 Engaged 7/25/07 Married 11/10/09 L 3/11/11
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Married Bio

• I have had them for the past two days and was wondering if it was normal. I read somewhere it is caused by hormone changes. I have tried not to take anything and drink lots of water!
  • I had really bad headaches and migraines in the first and some of second trimester.  Tylenol didn't do anything for me, so the OB I was seeing at the time prescribed Fioricet--which she said was safe for me to take.  It was MUCH better than suffering through the migraines and vomiting even more than I was from m/s.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have a constant horrible headache, it started in early January. (22 weeks or so)  After being shuffled back and forth by my OB and my PCP, they wanted me to go to the ER.  6 hours later, 2 doses of morphine, potassium drip and some anti nausea meds...oh! and a clean CT Scan. They hadn't touched my headache pain, and couldn't tell me what to do or what caused it. Wasn't Pre-E, not a stress headache, not a migraine.  They said it could be hormonal, but they didn't know for sure.  Lucky me! I get to deal with head splitting pain for the next 13 weeks! Whoo hoo!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"