Rhode Island Babies
Options

which hospital?

I have United Healthcare and I recently got a letter from them saying that they're not covering Care NewEngland hospitals anymore... so that means no Kent or W&I. Does anyone know about delivering a baby at the other RI hospitals? Any info about any of them - good or bad- would be much appreciated. Thank you!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: which hospital?

• Options

I don't have any real personal advice, but I would say to wait until January and see if they reach a settlement. They are still negotiating, and often the deal isn't struck until the last minute. I'd hold out hope for W&I or Kent, as they are the only hospitals with NICUs in the state.

A coworker was happy with delivering at Newport hospital and did so for both her kids.

This board is really slow, but if you go to the RI board on The Nest, there's a lot of really helpful and friendly ladies. Most delivered at W&I and some at Kent, but I think at least a couple of them delivered elsewhere. They also have experience with the contract negotiations, as some also got similar letters a couple of years go from Blue Cross before they renewed their contract days before it expired.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    #3 Due April 2016
  • Options
    Thanks so much, Amy. I really appreciate your advice.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Here's a link to a list of all RI Hospital and some of thier "ammenities". Personally I delivered at Memorial and had an amazing experience. They're very down to earth and let you do pretty much what you want/need to do.
  • Options
    Hi ladies I also have UHC and was told the same thing about CNE hospitals,  I spoke with my doctor yesterday and she said not to worry about it, they extended coverage for UHC patients for 90 days after 1/1/11 I was also told that they will most likely reach an agreement, this happened about 3 years ago, and everything managed to work itself out. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    my only advice is do not go to fatima. in my opinion they really dont listen to their patients. hope you can go to w&i they are the best.
  • Options
    FYI-  They have come to an agreement as of last week! I was worried too as I also have UHC and I am due in April. 
  • Options
    Not sure where you are coming from but South County Hospital is AMAZING. My experience was absolutely wonderful, and I have never heard a mom say otherwise about their experiences there. The doctors and staff are so friendly and they really listen to you. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"