Toddlers: 24 Months+

Tell me about your Baby Jogger City Select

Do you like it?  Pros/cons?  DD is going to be 34 months when #2 arrives and I'm so back and forth on getting a double, whether I'll need it or not.  I was looking online at the City Select but not sure if I am really loving it so thought I'd ask people that actually have one.  If you use as a double, does it fold up with both seats on it?  And if you have both seats facing away from you, do they both recline and leave enough leg room for the child in the back?  Obviously I'll be using an infant car seat for #2 for a while so will the front seat be able to recline with that in back?  From online it just doesn't look like there's alot of leg room, but it could be misleading.  If the seats are facing toward you or toward each other, do the child's feet go into the storage basket taking up that space?  Thanks for any info you can give me.

Re: Tell me about your Baby Jogger City Select

• I love mine.  It will fold with both seats, but it is much easier to pop them off.  Makes the stroller really light and more compact.  It takes an additional 15 sec to pop them on and off.  So easy. 

When i first got it I had DS1 in front forward facing and DS2 in the infant seat in back facing me.  Now that they are older DS1 asks for the seats to face each other.  If I don't strap him in  he can still get in and out himself.  I think DS is pretty average height at almost 3. His feet don't go into the basket at all.  There is a foot rest.   We have not reclined DS1 since he was a baby.  With the infant seat I don't think it would recline.  Never tried though.  

It is front heavy with both kids in, but I also think that would be normal with any tandem stroller.  It is still easier to maneuver then my travel system with just one in it.  

I don't have cons.  I am in love with my stroller.  

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageBrewtowngrl:

I love mine.  It will fold with both seats, but it is much easier to pop them off.  Makes the stroller really light and more compact.  It takes an additional 15 sec to pop them on and off.  So easy. 

When i first got it I had DS1 in front forward facing and DS2 in the infant seat in back facing me.  Now that they are older DS1 asks for the seats to face each other.  If I don't strap him in  he can still get in and out himself.  I think DS is pretty average height at almost 3. His feet don't go into the basket at all.  There is a foot rest.   We have not reclined DS1 since he was a baby.  With the infant seat I don't think it would recline.  Never tried though.  

It is front heavy with both kids in, but I also think that would be normal with any tandem stroller.  It is still easier to maneuver then my travel system with just one in it.  

I agree :) the only thing I can add is that if you have an infant seat in you can still recline the other seat, I think it might depend on the type of infant seat you have (we have the peg perego)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMammaBear81:
    imageBrewtowngrl:

I love mine.  It will fold with both seats, but it is much easier to pop them off.  Makes the stroller really light and more compact.  It takes an additional 15 sec to pop them on and off.  So easy. 

I agree :) the only thing I can add is that if you have an infant seat in you can still recline the other seat, I think it might depend on the type of infant seat you have (we have the peg perego)

Same as above- but I have a few cons.  It's kinda heavy and takes up a lot of room in my trunk.  I have a VW Tiguan and pretty much the only thing that will fit in my trunk is the stroller.  I also can use just the infant adapter with the infant seat in top and DD#1 likes to just hop in and out of the bottom (storage space of the stroller) and recline.  When both kids are on, it can be difficult to steer.  But over all I really love it.  It has a ton of storage space which I really love because I walk over a mile to the grocery store and shop with the girls in the stroller and it works beautifully.  I haven't tried all the configurations yet because DD#2 is still pretty young, but I'm looking forward to it.  If you do get it.  I'd suggest playing with it first before trying it out w. the kids first- just to save time and so you know where and how you are putting the kiddos in.  I still sometimes wonder if I should have gotten the Phil and Ted's or the Joovy caboose.  But I think we made the right choice w. this stroller.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"