Benton's natural and speedy birth. — The Bump
Birth Stories

Benton's natural and speedy birth.

I had an extremely easy pregnancy and an even easier delivery. My due date was December 11. At almost 37 weeks I was dialated to a 3 and 90% effaced. I was dialated to a 5 a few days later. My doctor kept telling me that the baby's head was right there and that she was suprised that my water hasn't broken yet.

I didn't realize how far down my son was until Nov. 29 when I had an ultrasound. All the technician saw was my son's head and that was it. I realized then that I was basically a ticking time bomb. I went straight to my doctor's office and asked them if they could induce me. I didn't want to risk being out in public and my water breaking and having to deliver my son on my own. My doctor knew that I wanted to have a natural birth with no drugs involved. In order to be induced I had to agree to letting her use the drug Pitocin. I didn't think to research what it was before I said yes. After finding out what the effects of Pitocin were (fetal distress, higher risk of having a C-section, contractions becoming 10 times faster than normal, etc..), I wished I hadn't decided to be induced.

The induction was s

et up for 7:30 AM on Friday, December 3. I prayed to God the next few days that my water would break on its own so I wouldn't have to be induced. God had answered my prayers..On Friday morning at 5AM I woke up and my water was breaking. Only I didn't know at the time that that was what it was, I thought I was peeing uncontrollably. My husband saw the clear liquid and told me that it was my water breaking. We left the house at 5:35 am to drive the 15 miles to the hospital. I had to wait for my doctor to arrive before I could start pushing. I knew my son would be here quick. I got on the hospital bed a little after 6 am and was told to push around 6:05 am. Our son Benton Carter was born at 6:43 AM on December 3, 2010. He weighed 7lbs 6ozs and was 21.25 inches long.

Everyone was in for a suprise, they all started coming into the room a little after 7am not even knowing that their first grandbaby was already born! The contractions were bearable and I didn't feel any need to yell or anything like that. I feel very lucky to have my delivery the way I wanted it, naturally and no drugs.

Re: Benton's natural and speedy birth.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards