Birth Stories
Options

the fast arrival of our daughter Julianna Rose

Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;}

Thanksgiving dinner was great. The food was delicious and I was able to eat everything without feeling nausea. I had been feeling great all day with no pain or signs of anything. As the day passed and dinner was over I was still feeling normal until later that night around 11:30pm. I began to have some slight pain in my stomach that felt like heartburn. I tried to drink some water to see if that would help. Unfortunately the water did not do anything for the discomfort in my stomach. In addition I was unable to sleep because of the pain. As the night progressed so did the pain. I started to have lower back pain and pressure which made me feel like I was constipated. The pressure was getting intense and I found myself constantly running to the bathroom. Several hours had passed and it was about 2am. The pain was not getting any better and I knew I was starting to have contractions. Grandma timed the contractions and they were about 3 and half minutes apart. My water broke in between the contractions. We then started timing them for about 30 minutes then called the gynecologist and then had the doctor call me to find out if I should go to hospital. The doctor told me to come in so that they could see if I was going into labor. We gathered up some things and left for the hospital. I was in a lot of pain and felt like I needed to push but did not want to because it hurt too much. While we were driving to the hospital my water broke even more and I felt gross but didn?t really care too much I just wanted to get there as quickly as possible. We arrived at the emergency entrance of the hospital and grandpa dropped us off and went to park the car. The guard called for a labor and delivery nurse to take me to a room. The nurse came to get me and we walked to the elevator to go to the second floor. We arrived at the second floor and I began to walk down the hall, suddenly I paused, my knees buckled and I felt a sharp pain in my lower back like I was constipated and needed to push. When we arrived to the room I went to use the bathroom before going onto the labor bed. Before I was even able to use the bathroom grandma noticed something unusual and the nurse came over told me I needed to get into the bed right away. She said that she could see the baby?s head crowning. The nurse called for doctors and said she?s delivering. Several doctors and nurses came into the room and the doctor told me she could see the baby?s head and to give a good push. It hurt to push, but the doctor told me she will be out before you know it so I gave two big pushes and there you were. The doctor looked at the clock and she was born at 3:56am. They took you and cleaned you a bit then placed you on my chest. At that moment the wait had been over and I was looking at your beautiful little face. After a few minutes they took you again and weighed and measured you and did the APGAR test. The delivery went by very quickly. When grandpa got to the room after parking the car, you were already born. The doctor came back over with you and said you weigh 6lbs 8oz and measured 21in long. All of the doctors and nurses were praising me for doing such a good job with the delivery especially because I had no medications. I stayed in the labor room for a while and they cleaned me up. I also had to get several stitches which weren?t too bad. While I was getting cleaned they took you to the nursery to have more tests and to keep you warm. At around 5:30am they moved me into a recovery room and I was able to rest for a bit. They brought you into the room around 8am. Several different people came into the room to check vital signs, and help with breastfeeding. I was able to bond with you for a while then grandma, grandpa, and daddy came to the hospital to see you. Daddy was very happy to meet his precious baby girl. We were very happy to be blessed with a healthy and happy baby daughter.

Re: the fast arrival of our daughter Julianna Rose

• Options
    Holy cow! Congrats, and I'm so glad you made it to the hospital on time! (I have a friend who had a super-fast labor and delivered at home in her closet before the paramedics had arrived. She said it was the most terrifying experience of her life...)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Congratulations!  We can all only hope for labors as fast as yours. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"