Alabama Babies
Options

Just so we know who we're dealing with...

Re: Just so we know who we're dealing with...

• Options

This is so beyond creepy at this point.

LOL @ "her" DH formatting the computer just so "she" can post on an internet forum...how sweet ;)

• Options

LMAO!!  It just keeps getting better!  BSC doesn't even begin to describe this person.  

I'm gonna put this out there, anything that we discuss about our GTG's needs to be done in PM's, on FB through messages (b/c we all know fb isn't secure) or email messages.   I think Lindsay mentioned this in the last gtg post but we really don't know who/what is watching. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I realized last night that there are a LOT of people in the FB that I do not know.
  • Options

imageSoon2BMrsWiley:
    I realized last night that there are a LOT of people in the FB that I do not know.

Yeah...I noticed it too! Someone asked to be added earlier this week but I didn't b/c I wasn't sure of who it was. 

• Options

imageSoon2BMrsWiley:

I noticed this too.  

This Wilma chick (if that is what she is) is getting creepier by the minute.  I wish there was some way to get her off our board.  

• Options

Just to throw this in, I hope everyone still realizes that people read this board regardless of their account status.  You don't have to log in to read any of the bump, nest, or knot boards.  There is no privacy.  Blocking does nothing but take the person away from YOU - you can't stop anyone from reading anything you post here.

If any of you are interested in starting a google group with logins required, we could probably do that. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagelilcrablegs:

Just to throw this in, I hope everyone still realizes that people read this board regardless of their account status.  You don't have to log in to read any of the bump, nest, or knot boards.  There is no privacy.  Blocking does nothing but take the person away from YOU - you can't stop anyone from reading anything you post here.

If any of you are interested in starting a google group with logins required, we could probably do that. 

I am all for this! I LOVE this board and don't want to abandon it but I'm starting to feel unsafe here. I took Preston's picture off a while ago after talking about this same thing with with a fellow Bumpie.

• Options
    imagemrssamuels2b:

imageSoon2BMrsWiley:

Yeah...I noticed it too! Someone asked to be added earlier this week but I didn't b/c I wasn't sure of who it was. 

I requested to be added like a day or two ago...

All Dressed Up

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

I just searched Google for all of her posts (since she made her profile private on here, and you can't see them listed).

I'm pretty sure she does actually live in the Huntsville area, since she knew about the snow, how much, and the fact that we were snowed in. Granted, it's possible to find this out via local news sites, but I don't think she's smart enough to have thought of that. I think she's just really illiterate. It's definitely fishy that she posts copyrighted pics, but her posts about her doctor's appointments seem legit...

Anyway, I guess the point of my post is that I do think this person is local, so we definitely want to be careful; but at the same time, I think there's a small possibility we're being really hard on someone who doesn't deserve it.

All Dressed Up

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    imagekaryn83:
    imagemrssamuels2b:

imageSoon2BMrsWiley:

I requested to be added like a day or two ago...

I don't think it was you, though...I'll look again just to be sure.

• Options

I'm all for making a group with login information too.  This is one of the reasons I took MC's siggy pic off, because you never know who's lurking. 

• Options

I'm all for a group on google with log ins! it can still be our board, just transplanted. 

Agreed with PPs-I am a bit confused about how many people are on the FB group that definitely don't all post here. That sort of concerns me honestly. People shouldn't post once or twice and then be on there, IMO, but maybe I am just confused on who some of them are.

But also beyond that, any further posts shouldn't  have any local location type info.

(as for the GTG post-I just assumed that while we were discussing dates, we were not  discussing  location since several have been brought up/discussed.) but nonetheless, we should be careful.

Bethany is right- it is aggravating in a way that the Bump is so open. Even if they banned her, anyone can read without a login. So I am fine with getting a new board.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Oh man! I can't read them =(   So how do you "unblock" someone?

To me "BLOCK" should be replaced with "HIDE"...seems more appropriate and fitting.

• Options
    I would LOVE to start a google group.  Wilma really gives me the creeps.
  • Options
    imageamandabrooke81:

To me "BLOCK" should be replaced with "HIDE"...seems more appropriate and fitting.

To unblock someone, look on the left side of the screen-all the way down at the bottom of the list of boards is "unblock bumpies".   

• Options
    I will send out individual fb msgs later today.
  • Options
    I hate dealing with scary people like this. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Hey, I may be new here, but I promise I'm not a Creepy McCreeperson!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imagestarsmaycollide:
    imageamandabrooke81:

To unblock someone, look on the left side of the screen-all the way down at the bottom of the list of boards is "unblock bumpies".   

Awesome! Thanks so much- you ROCK =)

Now off to read those crazy posts...

• Options
    imagekaryn83:

Anyway, I guess the point of my post is that I do think this person is local, so we definitely want to be careful; but at the same time, I think there's a small possibility we're being really hard on someone who doesn't deserve it.

Many of us have met through our Board IRL and even have GTGs or playdates. Anytime anyone poses as someone they're not {on this Board or another}, it raises a red flag for potential identity theft, stalking {both virtual and physical}, and even scarier situations. There's no need to lie...if anything I think a Board like this would act as a a conduit for people to be more truthful.

Now throw in the fact that this Board focuses on our LOs and I think the "Mama Bear" comes out even more wanting to protect them.

This is solely my opinion. I certainly don't want to encourage bullying of any sort either so that's not my intention. In this specific case, I've come to the conclusion that there is cause for concern and I agree that I think *she* is local. 

{hope that's received as an explanation & doesn't sound like an ugly response...}

• Options
    imageamandabrooke81:
    imagekaryn83:

Many of us have met through our Board IRL and even have GTGs or playdates. Anytime anyone poses as someone they're not {on this Board or another}, it raises a red flag for potential identity theft, stalking {both virtual and physical}, and even scarier situations. There's no need to lie...if anything I think a Board like this would act as a a conduit for people to be more truthful.

Now throw in the fact that this Board focuses on our LOs and I think the "Mama Bear" comes out even more wanting to protect them.

This is solely my opinion. I certainly don't want to encourage bullying of any sort either so that's not my intention. In this specific case, I've come to the conclusion that there is cause for concern and I agree that I think *she* is local. 

{hope that's received as an explanation & doesn't sound like an ugly response...}

I definitely understand the concern, since we know she has lied. This board isn't nearly as snarky as the national boards, but there have been a lot of uncalled-for comments. I'm not blind to how "different" she is, but if it turned out that she truly is just an expectant mother, who maybe isn't as intelligent as the rest of us, and was a pathological liar or something, it'd be sad that everyone was calling her crazy and making fun of her.

All Dressed Up

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Can someone give me a quick rundown of the situation?  I read through the posts and she seems a bit crazycakes, but why all the major concern?
  • Options

imagestu31105:
    Can someone give me a quick rundown of the situation?  I read through the posts and she seems a bit crazycakes, but why all the major concern?

I think most of the concern stems from her posting fake "bump pics" on the national boards, and so there's question as to whether she is actually a) female b) pregnant.

All Dressed Up

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Did she/he start off being crazy?
  • Options

imagestu31105:
    Hey, I may be new here, but I promise I'm not a Creepy McCreeperson!!!

same here. getting ready to move back to alabama so I started reading the bama babies board. I, too, would like to know a little background info on what's going on.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I guess I just feel like there's a possibility that a lot of the drama revolving around her is because of misunderstandings. She's mentioned several times that she had an incident that left her disfigured, and if this is true, it would explain why she doesn't post pics of herself (though it's no excuse to post fake ones).

All Dressed Up

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Well, if you guys are all moving to a new board, can I tag along?  I promise that's my real picture in my siggy!!!  haha
  • Options

imagestu31105:

She's always had very unintelligible posts (because of spelling/grammar/sentence structure, as if English isn't her first language) with random fonts/colors

All Dressed Up

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

imagestu31105:

Yes! And her 'explanations' for things are so bizarre that there is no way she is the real deal. To recap-

first, she shows up here and she says she and her DH are Fred and Wilma-really? That's just lame. Then her first siggy pic was an obvious stock photo of a random couple in a wheat field. You can google and find similar ones easily.

Her first fake belly pic she put on Feb 2011 (when he claimed she was due) was of a naked belly IN A SHOWER, complete with water dripping off of it. She took it directly off a website somewhere. It was just plain creepy. When confronted, she posted a 'new' pic, again of only a belly, in a weird 80s outfit with a bow. Again, it was taken directly off a website. 

Before she took down her profile, there was a supposed photo of her at 15 that was clearly a much older, skinny belly baring model. 

Her story regarding that is her face was disfigured back in a HS chemistry lab, so she doesn't have a real one up. Even if that weren't ridiculously outlandish-why would you need to fake a belly pic with no face showing if that truly was the case? Why have a fake HS pic also, and even a fake couple pic?  That makes no sense whatsoever. Not to mention other pictures she has used as mentioned in the post Ashley provided in this OP.

There is not a misunderstanding here, she's a troll. It's not like we are looking to be 'snarky' like people complain the national boards are, that's not how we are. I was not happy to discover it and have to tell everyone, but her pics/stories are just completely obvious. It's also clear she doesn't typically speak English or is using a translator because her posts never make sense. My guess is she is someone who is very very bored, and likely not local (after all, if you google Alabama info-your main choices for cities are pretty much Huntsville, Bham, Mobile). But regardless, I think the chances Wilma is just a pregnant girl in AL are pretty much zero.

• Options

I don't mind the idea of a private google board, but at the same time, I don't think we should stop posting here. I think that... despite the openness and lack of privacy here, this board is a great source for Alabama moms.

There have been a lot of new people it seems in recent months and I'd hate for this resource not to be here for new people... and for this board to die out because everyone has gone to a private board.

I don't want the Alabama bump board die out like the Alabama nest board did. And all because of one troll. I think we just need to be smart about not posting specific info on here.

BabyFruit Ticker
    mmc and d&c at 8.5 weeks - 8/23/2010
    natural m/c and d&c at 10 weeks - 1/24/2014
    DX w/ hetero C677t and A1298C MTHFR - 3/4/2014

• Options
    imageMissLMS:

I don't mind the idea of a private google board, but at the same time, I don't think we should stop posting here. I think that... despite the openness and lack of privacy here, this board is a great source for Alabama moms.

There have been a lot of new people it seems in recent months and I'd hate for this resource not to be here for new people... and for this board to die out because everyone has gone to a private board.

I don't want the Alabama bump board die out like the Alabama nest board did. And all because of one troll. I think we just need to be smart about not posting specific info on here.

I agree.

I also just want to point out that I wasn't saying I believed Wilma is who she says she is. I just wanted to say that there was the tiniest possibility that she wasn't just a troll (though I'm 99% sure of it), so while there is plenty of reason to be cautious about what we post, there's no reason to make fun of her.

All Dressed Up

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    imageMissLMS:

This is a good point-it would be tough in terms of gaining new members in that case, and we don't want to discourage that just because of this nonsense. Maybe the google board could be an additional place to put posts that involve personal info, emil addresses, local GTG stuff, etc besides just the FB group. We could always make a post here and then say, 'if you're interested, post response on the google board'. And if a newbie posting here doesn't have access, we can always PM it to them. 

• Options
    imagestarsmaycollide:
    imageMissLMS:

This is a good point-it would be tough in terms of gaining new members in that case, and we don't want to discourage that just because of this nonsense. Maybe the google board could be an additional place to put posts that involve personal info, emil addresses, local GTG stuff, etc besides just the FB group. We could always make a post here and then say, 'if you're interested, post response on the google board'. And if a newbie posting here doesn't have access, we can always PM it to them. 

This sounds good to me.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    imageMissLMS:

I agree.

Also, the date and place were planned for the gtg (before Seaside suggested changing), it was Feb. 26th at McWane.  There was no specific time, but the date and location were public.

I honestly believe we are dealing with a troll.  You can't be illiterate and know how to send PM's and put pictures/tickers in your siggy.

Maybe we could make the Google group for matters such as GTG's and anything else that doesn't need to be broadcast...and keep the board for everyday questions/vents/polls/etc...just a thought.

• Options
    imagehamillm:
    imageMissLMS:

I agree.

Also, the date and place were planned for the gtg (before Seaside suggested changing), it was Feb. 26th at McWane.  There was no specific time, but the date and location were public.

I honestly believe we are dealing with a troll.  You can't be illiterate and know how to send PM's and put pictures/tickers in your siggy.

Maybe we could make the Google group for matters such as GTG's and anything else that doesn't need to be broadcast...and keep the board for everyday questions/vents/polls/etc...just a thought.

I like this idea.  I'd hate to take away this board for anyone new and legit that finds it and is looking for answers, or just to meet new people. 

I also agree she's just a troll and we can't let her ruin this board for us.  I hate that some troll chose our board to do this on.  I agree with Lindsey, she knows how to do too much to be illiterate.  And I find it just too dang convenient that she only posts on the ones who need T&P's or when a new baby is born...very rarely does she ever respond on any of the other types of posts, and she's very selective on what T&P posts she responds too...usually it's a new person's post who doesn't realize who she is.   And also why does she send so many PM's to T&P's that she could just write it on the post?  I mean to me she is just all around fishy in my opinion. 

• Options
    I am on the Facebook group but don't post here a lot!  I have meet a few of the ladies at the freezer party. I missed all the post but do understand the concern.
  • Options
    imageMrs Lou:
    I am on the Facebook group but don't post here a lot!  I have meet a few of the ladies at the freezer party. I missed all the post but do understand the concern.
    What is a freezer party?
  • Options

I haven't been on here for several weeks (has it been that long?) while dealing with colicky baby- and I missed all the drama!!!

If y'all start a google group, would you include me?  MissLMS knows me, so she can attest that I'm not a crazy. :) 

• Options
    imageK1S:

I haven't been on here for several weeks (has it been that long?) while dealing with colicky baby- and I missed all the drama!!!

If y'all start a google group, would you include me?  MissLMS knows me, so she can attest that I'm not a crazy. :) 

Kay.. could you send me your email address on facebook? I'll make sure you get added. ;)

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"