7 DPO temp drop below coverline — The Bump
Trying to Get Pregnant

7 DPO temp drop below coverline

Please don't flame me too much.  It's my first month charting and this morning I had a large temp dip right below my coverline. I tried google and have only found information saying that it's generally bad when your temp dips below coverline. 

I know it's still early and no one here can tell me if this could be an implantation dip (I'll have to hope it goes back up tomorrow).  I guess my question is, does anyone know if it's bad when your temp drops below the coverline in the luteal phase?

TIA.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 7 DPO temp drop below coverline

• You aren't below coverline.  It is fine to have temp drops/dips in the 2WW.  It could mean several things from nothing to possible (POSSIBLE) implantation, your period coming, etc
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't know the answer to this, I'm experiencing the same thing as well, though my dip was at 4 and 5 dpo.  My temps haven't gone back up yet.  I asked for a chart stalk yesterday, and everyone who responded said they didn't think I O'ed yet.  Your dip looks fine to me, though, I wouldn't worry. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageKdgTeacher:
    You aren't below coverline.  It is fine to have temp drops/dips in the 2WW.  It could mean several things from nothing to possible (POSSIBLE) implantation, your period coming, etc

This. Fluctuation is normal both before and after ovulation. There are plenty of pregnancy charts with and without dips, as well as non-pregnancy charts with and without dips. Try not to over-analyze any one temp, but see the big picture - the temp shift that show you've ovulated.

FWIW, this is why I stop temping once I get CHs - I tend to over think every little rise and fall, too.

P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
    3T's Traveling Ovary Blog
    7DPO Progesterone: low. CD3 BW: normal, HSG: clear
    DX: severe MFI (low all 3) and low T. Undergoing replacement therapy.
  • imageKdgTeacher:
    You aren't below coverline.  It is fine to have temp drops/dips in the 2WW.  It could mean several things from nothing to possible (POSSIBLE) implantation, your period coming, etc

Thanks Kdg.  You mean I can't come back when AF appears and blame you because it wasn't an implantation dip?!?  lol.  Don't worry, I'm not one of THOSE people who read too much into a response.  Thanks again.

• Thanks ladies!  Even though it may be a stupid newbie question, I appreciate your responses.

• Here's what I found on FF ...

Q&A Index > Temperature drop in luteal phase

div.imgholder { float: left; background: url("/Presentations/images/dropshadow.png") no-repeat scroll right bottom transparent ! important; margin: 10px 7px ! important; }div.imgholder img { display: block; position: relative; border: 1px solid rgb(102, 102, 102); margin: -3px 5px 5px -3px; padding: 2px; }

What does it mean if my temperature dips below the coverline during the luteal phase? Should I be worried? Could I be pregnant?

A single temperature point doesn't usually carry much significance on its own as individual temperatures can be affected by so many factors, both hormonal and non-hormonal. What you are looking for are trends and patterns over time.

If your temperature dips several times before your period is expected, then it could mean that you are not taking your temperature accurately (especially if you are not taking it at the same time) or that you did not really ovulate.

Fertility Friend will usually remove the ovulation detection and coverline when too many temperatures are in the lower range or missing. Ask for support if you are not able to interpret the pattern of your chart. Also, remember that the coverline carries no physiological meaning. It is just a visual tool.

• I had a big dip exactly at 7DPO last cycle and it didn't mean a thing!
    M/C #1: Nov 2003, Dx: MTHFR + Factor V, Baby #1: Born Nov 2004, M/C #2: Nov 2006, TTC for baby #2: Since July 2010, IUI #1 w/acupuncture + HCG trigger, no clomid,: Aug 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards