May 2011 Moms

Ready to kill DH!!! vent.

I had no work today, snow day.  I wake up to DH calling me on the house line (which we never use), he brought my cell phone to work with him by accident.  My initial reaction, "that is fine, I will just use your phone".  He said, "no, I have my phone also".  So DH left me with NO cell phone!  I know it wasn't too long ago that no one had cell phones, but serioulsy, I am dependent on it.  I have to drive to my sisters today to get her two boys off the bus.  The roads around here are horrible because of all the snow. I trust my own driving but it is everyone else that I don't trust.  Just this morning my other sisters son's bus was in an accident!  Luckily he is ok.  I called DH and told him he needed to have my phone on him and turned on because all of my nephews schools have my cell for an emergency contact.  He gave me the whole, "I already feel bad, why are you trying to make me for worse".  Serioulsy, how did he not realize he had two phones on him!!  UGH!  I am horrible though and took it one step further, I told him he was in charge of figuring out dinner because I was supposed to go to the grocery store but don;t feel safe, with my luck I will fall in the parking lot!  Ya, that might be a bit of an over reaction but he needs to learn.  I am such a Bi*ch!!  Let me just end this with, DH is usually fantastic, would do anything for me but clearly just not using his head this morning. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Ready to kill DH!!! vent.

• If it's seriously the end of the world for you that he accidentally took your cell phone to work, why can you not drive to his work and get it?
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I honestly don't see what the big deal is. Does your sister live in another state? If not, I would say you are overreacting big time and need to cut YH some slack.

• Loading the player...
  • imageJNBrickey:
    If it's seriously the end of the world for you that he accidentally took your cell phone to work, why can you not drive to his work and get it?

Don't you know how dangerous it is to go anywhere without a cell phone?!?! I mean, my car won't even crank if I don't have mine... Confused

• imageatlb685:

imageJNBrickey:
    If it's seriously the end of the world for you that he accidentally took your cell phone to work, why can you not drive to his work and get it?

Don't you know how dangerous it is to go anywhere without a cell phone?!?! I mean, my car won't even crank if I don't have mine... Confused

Oops!  Sometimes I forget that being pregnant makes me an invalid.  Silly me!  

• Hey,

Yeah sorry to call you on it but I think you need a hormone check.  Plus a How important is it really check?  He obviously feels bad and I think we are all capable of making a mistake, I leave my phone at home or forget to charge it about once a week.  I am glad my husband is not as judgmental as you are,  I would feel very criticized and the need to be perfect is daunting. 

• Wow, it was just a vent.  I now know, not to vent anymore on this board.  I fully understand that being without a cell phone is not the end of the world, but an inconvenience.  Like I said, I was just venting, apparently you guys haven't felt the need to vent.
  • Yeah, I have to agree with the other girls, you need to RE-lax.  There are a million worse things that could happen in your day.  You should make your husbands favorite dinner for tonight as an apology for overreacting. :)
  • imageandigurl:
    Yeah, I have to agree with the other girls, you need to RE-lax.  There are a million worse things that could happen in your day.  You should make your husbands favorite dinner for tonight as an apology for overreacting. :)

But he'll have to buy all the ingredients because his punishment for being such a bad boy is going to the grocery!

• imagesoon to be Mrs. Connolly:
    Wow, it was just a vent.  I now know, not to vent anymore on this board.  I fully understand that being without a cell phone is not the end of the world, but an inconvenience.  Like I said, I was just venting, apparently you guys haven't felt the need to vent.

That wasn't a vent, it was a rampage. You really don't feel safe without your cell? Kind of pathetic if you ask me... Especially considering you will be home all day and you have a HOME PHONE.

Anyone wanna put money on a DD?

• imageJNBrickey:

imageandigurl:
    Yeah, I have to agree with the other girls, you need to RE-lax.  There are a million worse things that could happen in your day.  You should make your husbands favorite dinner for tonight as an apology for overreacting. :)

But he'll have to buy all the ingredients because his punishment for being such a bad boy is going to the grocery!

That is NOT a punishment!! It is his husbandly duty to keep his wife safe from things like traveling a few miles without access to a phone. She is PREGNANT for crying out loud! How dare you take this situation so lightly?!?!11!

• imageandigurl:

My thoughts exactly.

• imagesoon to be Mrs. Connolly:
    Wow, it was just a vent.  I now know, not to vent anymore on this board.  I fully understand that being without a cell phone is not the end of the world, but an inconvenience.  Like I said, I was just venting, apparently you guys haven't felt the need to vent.

I have to agree with PP.  Your title "Ready to kill DH" is a little extreme.  It was an accident.  We all need to vent sometimes but we are just trying to bring you back down a few notches so that you don't totally flip on your DH.  Would you rather us all pat you on the head and tell you that you're justified to feel this way?  Sure.  But then that will just fuel your anger at your DH even more.  What we are trying to do is point out that you need to calm down and perhaps apologize to your DH because you are kind of in the wrong here by how you reacted.

• If it's a snow day and some terrible outside that you can't get to work you should be staying home. Also, like someone mentioned if you're going to pick up the kids why can't you drive over and get your cell phone? My suggestion is to get a super blingy pink cover for your cellphone and he will never take it with him by accident :)
    Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 BFP 03/26/13 IT'S A BOY! Please Be Our Rainbow! BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagekathygrzywnowicz:
    If it's a snow day and some terrible outside that you can't get to work you should be staying home. Also, like someone mentioned if you're going to pick up the kids why can't you drive over and get your cell phone? My suggestion is to get a super blingy pink cover for your cellphone and he will never take it with him by accident :)

Most areas are cleared up enough.  My DH and I both work in a city which does horrible snow removal and the roads are like tunnels to get to and from places, due to the unsafe roads in the city, my super called off school.   That is the reason why I am not going to venture off pick up the phone.  Luckily my nephews live in a community that actually cleans up their roads!  I have already considered getting myself a very girly case, so girly he will have other issues if he takes it with him.  LOL.  Thanks for the suggestion!Big Smile

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"